Here's a good idea

Old February 8th 17, 09:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Phil L

Default Here's a good idea

Bill Wright wrote:
Let the NHS send the invoices for all the foreigners who come over
here for free treatment to the Overseas Aid Department. It would be
that department's job to chase the payment. If they didn't get it it
would reduce the money we shovel overseas. The invoice would be
inflated to well above the actual NHS cost. This idea would relieve
the NHS staff of the job of debt collector.

Bill

I hate to break this to you, but it wouldn't make one iota of difference if
OAd paid for every foreigner, or even those who had a foregn sounding
surname for every bit of treatment they received, your tax bill would stay
the same, or likely, go up.
This is because Government works like this: make Joe Public pay over and
above what we actually need, then we can spend the extra trillions on ****
no one hears about or understands, if they ask, we'll give em some easy
answers to keep the brain dead arguing amongst themselves, and by the time,
or if they ever realise, they'll be too old to be believed. Ta-Dah!

This is true of every facet of Government, regardless of which colour badge
they're wearing (another ploy to occupy the masses of idiots) there's only
one thing counts and thats money, yours, mine and every other **** who goes
out and gives it to them so they can continue ripping everyone off and
spending it on whatever they like.

I pay 900 per year council tax and have my bin emptied 17 times for
that...it comes fortnightly but I don't send it out every time as it's
hardly ever full. 53 to empty a wheelie bin and you are whining about some
fat **** coming over here to have a tooth out for free?

Old February 8th 17, 09:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article , Phil L
wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

your Council Tax pays for a lot more than waste collections. Look it up
sometime.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old February 8th 17, 09:48 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed

"Phil L" wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

Your council tax pays for a lot more than just having your bin emptied.

Old February 9th 17, 09:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Phil L

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Phil L
wrote:

I pay 900 per year council tax and have my bin emptied 17 times for
that ...

And local roads maintained

roads maintained.

Road tax, tax on fuel, billions raised by cameras etc and the hundred and
one other taxes motorists pay doesn't go towards roads? - it's a complete
mystery where this slush fund goes then.

and schools and streetlights and a ****load
of other things I can't be arsed to list. So it's not actually 53
each time your bin is emptied. Is it.

No it's not 53, the streetlights do cost money, and the police, fire and
all the other things that our income tax is supposed to be paying for, so
where's this other massive slush fund going to?

They can and do introduce any kind of tax and can call it whatever they like
providing they say it's to pay for some **** or other that we've already
paid for ten times over, no one can say where that money is going, and no
one can say how much anything costs, otherwise we'd all know how much we had
to pay each year, EG

Policing the country and the judicial system will cost XYZ, which works out
at XX per adult

The NHS will cost us YY per adult

The infrastructure, roads etc will cost ZZ and will be paid for solely by
those who use them, motorists, via tax on fuel, this will equate to ZZ per
adult

If it appeared itemised like this, then we'd know how much our bins cost to
be emptied, but considering most people pay in a lot more than they get out,
it's safe to say that were getting ripped to **** just by working every day.

Old February 9th 17, 09:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed

"Phil L" wrote in message
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Phil L
wrote:

[...]

Unlikely

it's safe to say that were getting ripped to **** just by working every
day.

No, its not safe to say that.

Old February 9th 17, 09:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Clive George

On 09/02/2017 21:19, Phil L wrote:

Road tax, tax on fuel, billions raised by cameras etc and the hundred and
one other taxes motorists pay doesn't go towards roads? - it's a complete
mystery where this slush fund goes then.

No it's not 53, the streetlights do cost money, and the police, fire and
all the other things that our income tax is supposed to be paying for, so
where's this other massive slush fund going to?

If it appeared itemised like this, then we'd know how much our bins cost to
be emptied, but considering most people pay in a lot more than they get out,
it's safe to say that were getting ripped to **** just by working every day.

I get the information you're after sent to me by the inland revenue and
my council.

Eg picking a council at random,

https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/what-yo...l-tax-pays-for

and central government

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ur-tax-summary

There's loads of information like this out there, it's not a mystery at all.

Old February 9th 17, 11:38 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 21:58:20 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Phil L
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Phil L
wrote:

I pay 900 per year council tax and have my bin emptied 17 times for
that ...

And local roads maintained

roads maintained.

Road tax, tax on fuel, billions raised by cameras etc and the hundred and
one other taxes motorists pay doesn't go towards roads?

You're an ignorant dip**** aren't you. Road tax/fuel tax etc pays for
major roads/motorways. Council tax pays for local roads.

and schools and streetlights and a ****load
of other things I can't be arsed to list. So it's not actually 53
each time your bin is emptied. Is it.

No it's not 53, the streetlights do cost money, and the police, fire and
all the other things that our income tax is supposed to be paying for

Er no, police and fire are paid for locally like it says on your
council tax bill. I take you it you can read?

It's not as simple as that. That is the amount from council tax that
goes to fund the police and fire services but is not the only source of
income for those services.

In the case of police forces:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...police-finance

Police forces in England and Wales are each given funding from 3
main sources:

Home Office
Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) or the
Welsh Assembly Government
police precept component of local council tax

For example Avon and Somerset Police income for 2016-2017:
https://www.bristol.gov.uk/documents...4-a98c99593cf2
or
http://tinyurl.com/hd4k3m8

Funding from central government 178m

Amount paid by council tax 98m

In the case of Avon Fire Authority the majority of the funding comes
from council tax and business rates but there is some from central
government.
Info from:
http://www.avonfire.gov.uk/documents...016-pdf-843-kb

Local councils receive sunstantial funding from central government.

Somerset County Council Statement of Account 2015 - 2016:
http://www.somerset.gov.uk/EasySiteW...px?alId=115209

It is important to note that the contribution from the local
community through the Council Tax represents just 24% of our
revenue funding needs.

(I chose Avon and Somerset Police because it was top of an alphabetical
list!)

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old February 10th 17, 05:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Phil L

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Phil L
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Phil L
wrote:

I pay 900 per year council tax and have my bin emptied 17 times
for that ...

And local roads maintained

roads maintained.

Road tax, tax on fuel, billions raised by cameras etc and the
hundred and one other taxes motorists pay doesn't go towards roads?

You're an ignorant dip**** aren't you. Road tax/fuel tax etc pays for
major roads/motorways. Council tax pays for local roads.

and schools and streetlights and a ****load
of other things I can't be arsed to list. So it's not actually 53
each time your bin is emptied. Is it.

No it's not 53, the streetlights do cost money, and the police,
fire and all the other things that our income tax is supposed to be
paying for

Er no, police and fire are paid for locally like it says on your
council tax bill. I take you it you can read?

yes i can read but it seems you can't work out something simple, which is
just as well really as that's how govt wants you, thick as a ball of ****.
Like the other poster explains, fire/police/whatever isn't paid for by CT
alone, ooo no, that would be easy to work out, - part of it is paid from
here, part from there and part from somewhere else, likewise everything else
that govt has it's hand in, so you can't work it out.

If i got a quote for a painting job and it was 5000, i could work out that
materials, scaffold, insurance, labour costs, sundries and everything else
required to do the job would come to X, which would leave Y as a likely
profit, before tax.

If govt were pricing the job it would be 25,000, you see, part of the first
5000 would pay for materials and labour (but we don't know how much of
each), part of the second 5000 would pay for the remaining labour charges
and part of the scaffold costs, the third 5000 would pay for the remainder
of the materials and part of the remainder of the scaffold costs, the fourth
5000 would pay some towards the insurance and the remaining scaffold costs,
which leaves 5000, which pays for sundries, profit, and calculators and
slide rulers for the accountants to work out prices/profits/losses etc after
the people running the department have both paid for a holiday to Barbados
out of the original 25,000 price which has now ballooned to 400K due to
unforseen circumstances.

Don't expect you to read, comprehend or understand any of the above, but we
live in hope

Old February 10th 17, 09:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 09/02/2017 21:58, Tim Streater wrote:
You're an ignorant dip**** aren't you. Road tax/fuel tax etc pays for
major roads/motorways. Council tax pays for local roads.

Actually if you look it up you'll find that taxes on motorists cover the
entire transport budget - roads, rail, buses, the lot - and with change
to spare.

Andy
Old February 10th 17, 10:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
ARW

On 08/02/2017 21:27, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 21:20:11 -0000, "Phil L" wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

So true.

I pay 900 per year council tax and have my bin emptied 17 times for
that...it comes fortnightly but I don't send it out every time as it's
hardly ever full. 53 to empty a wheelie bin and you are whining about some
fat **** coming over here to have a tooth out for free?

Doesn't your council tax cover other things like sewage, pavements, roads, raid
furniture, street lights,

"the cost of cutting down trees",

So you have been to Sheffield then?

Brilliant place. Every road and pavement is going to be resurfaced and
any trees in the way will be chopped down and any protesters that object
to a tree being cut down will be arrested under the Trade Union Laws.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38892263

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1992/52/section/241

--
Adam