Humax HDR - 2000T

Old February 10th 17, 06:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alaric

Default Humax HDR - 2000T

I bought a refurbished Humax HDR 2000t from Amazon in October last year and
it has worked perfectly till about 2pm today. However, when I tried to use
it at about 6pm I got a picture but could not get it to work otherwise. I
cannot change channels nor can I initiate any other functions. I switched it
off at the mains plug, waited a bit and switched it back on but still
nothing. I changed the batteries on the remote but still nothing. Before I
get on to Amazon and ask for a replacement, can it be that I am missing a
trick somehow?

Helpful comments will be appreciated.

Alaric

Old February 10th 17, 07:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Alaric" wrote in message
news
I bought a refurbished Humax HDR 2000t from Amazon in October last year
and it has worked perfectly till about 2pm today. However, when I tried to
use it at about 6pm I got a picture but could not get it to work
otherwise. I cannot change channels nor can I initiate any other
functions. I switched it off at the mains plug, waited a bit and switched
it back on but still nothing. I changed the batteries on the remote but
still nothing. Before I get on to Amazon and ask for a replacement, can it
be that I am missing a trick somehow?

Helpful comments will be appreciated.

presumably it fails to respond to the front plate buttons as well as the
remote :-(

One of the ticks that hummy will always tell you to try, is to unplug the
aerial input (and Ethernet) if you have one

and then power cycle (with a delay) and see if you can access menu options
etc

Their machine have this habit of being locked up by a glitch in the
broadcast signal

tim

Old February 11th 17, 12:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 19:17:19 -0000, "Alaric"
wrote:

I bought a refurbished Humax HDR 2000t from Amazon in October last year and
it has worked perfectly till about 2pm today. However, when I tried to use
it at about 6pm I got a picture but could not get it to work otherwise. I
cannot change channels nor can I initiate any other functions. I switched it
off at the mains plug, waited a bit and switched it back on but still
nothing. I changed the batteries on the remote but still nothing. Before I
get on to Amazon and ask for a replacement, can it be that I am missing a
trick somehow?

Helpful comments will be appreciated.

Alaric

Can you switch it off and on and change channels with the button on
the box?

A rudimentary way to test the remote, is to point your phone camera at
the lens and you should see the IR LED flash when you press the
buttons.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old February 11th 17, 06:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

On a new phone that will almost certainly not work as they usually have IR
filters on the camera lens. BUT, if it also has a "selfie" camera you may
well find that this one will see IR.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old February 11th 17, 08:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 07:14:27 -0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

A rudimentary way to test the remote, is to point your phone camera at
the lens and you should see the IR LED flash when you press the
buttons.

On a new phone that will almost certainly not work as they usually have IR
filters on the camera lens. BUT, if it also has a "selfie" camera you may
well find that this one will see IR.

It works with a Galaxy S7, which is fairly new. Both cameras.

Old February 11th 17, 09:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alaric

"Alaric" wrote in message news
I bought a refurbished Humax HDR 2000t from Amazon in October last year and
it has worked perfectly till about 2pm today. However, when I tried to use
it at about 6pm I got a picture but could not get it to work otherwise. I
cannot change channels nor can I initiate any other functions. I switched it
off at the mains plug, waited a bit and switched it back on but still
nothing. I changed the batteries on the remote but still nothing. Before I
get on to Amazon and ask for a replacement, can it be that I am missing a
trick somehow?

Helpful comments will be appreciated.

Alaric

Thank you to all of you who have responded thus far. I do not have a mobile
phone with a camera so cannot undertake the tests suggested. As regards
other attempts to rectify the problem I have unplugged the power source and
the signal input for fifteen minutes. However, after that there was no
change. Using the buttons on the front of the box I am able to switch it on
and off and am able to change channels. However, using the remote with its
new batteries gets no response whatsoever. I sent a message yesterday to
HUMAX Support but have not as yet received a response. If the does not lead
to a successful outcome I shall then go back to Amazon.co.uk from whom the
box was purchased.

Alaric

Old February 11th 17, 09:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 11/02/2017 10:17, Alaric wrote:

Using the buttons on the front of the box I am able to switch it on
and off and am able to change channels. However, using the remote with its
new batteries gets no response whatsoever.

There is a remote possibility that your "new" batteries may have
contained a dud that you used. I found one like that once.

You don't need a camera on a phone, you just need a digital camera. If
you haven't got one, do you know a friend or relative who has?

Old February 11th 17, 01:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:17:16 -0000, "Alaric"
wrote:

[...]

I'm not familiar with the Humax HDR - 2000T so I've had a look online.

One possibility is that the remote has been accidentally set to control
a TV rather than a PVR.

This image of a remote for a Humax HDR - 2000T shows that it has three
buttons at the top: PVR, TV and ON/OFF.

I suggest that you press the PVR button and then try again.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old February 11th 17, 01:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
sintv[_2_]

Honestly if youve got to ask the op if he knows someone with a mobile phone, the guys at the bottom of the gene pool. You can only help someone for so long. Good grief he could even go into an electrical retailer and ask them to test remote