OT Euronews

Old February 13th 17, 02:00 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default OT Euronews

Euronews is broadcast loud and clear at 28E
It has been removed from Freesat, as is well known.

Can anybody please explain why it does not tune in
under "other channels"?

Thanks in advance.

Old February 13th 17, 10:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

wrote in message
Euronews is broadcast loud and clear at 28E
It has been removed from Freesat, as is well known.

Can anybody please explain why it does not tune in
under "other channels"?

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to specify what receiver you're using, as "other channels" is
not a phrase used by every receiver under the sun as you seem to think. It
tunes in perfectly well on my Humax Foxsat, but I have to go to non-Freesat
mode to do it.
--
Dave W

Old February 13th 17, 11:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Is not freesat being a seperate mode now a little redundant, ie, anything
which is free to air should all be in one place be it officially in freesats
lists or not. We want simplisity, not complication in our lives.

"Dave W" wrote in message
news

Old February 13th 17, 03:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Monday, 13 February 2017 11:10:46 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Why would we know why?
seems odd, did they not pay their bills?
Brian

I tried to head off this question by putting OT in the title
For what it is worth the "new" owner of Euronews decided he did
not want his channel on Freeview, or so I have read.

Old February 13th 17, 03:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Monday, 13 February 2017 10:35:35 UTC, Dave W wrote:
semiretired wrote

Euronews is broadcast loud and clear at 28E
It has been removed from Freesat, as is well known.
Can anybody please explain why it does not tune in
under "other channels"?
Thanks in advance.

You'll need to specify what receiver you're using, as "other channels" is
not a phrase used by every receiver under the sun as you seem to think. It
tunes in perfectly well on my Humax Foxsat, but I have to go to non-Freesat
mode to do it.
--
Dave W

Technomate TM-F3/5 has it.
Manhatten Plaza HD-52 does not.

The Manhattan is a Freesat receiver, so I did not expect to find
Euronews on its menu system, following the owners decision to
remove it.

It was my understanding that tuning "other channels" would access
anything else at 28E. To my surprise Euronews did not appear.

Old February 13th 17, 03:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Monday, 13 February 2017 11:23:42 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

Is not freesat being a seperate mode now a little redundant, ie, anything
which is free to air should all be in one place be it officially in freesats
lists or not. We want simplisity, not complication in our lives.
Brian

Freesat is great for non-technical people who like to have a logical
progression starting with the local version of BBC1 as the first
channel, in the time honoured manner.

Other receivers will tune the channels in as they are received, first
come-first numbered in frequency order or in vertical then horizontal
frequency order with umpteen designated BBC1s and nearly as many
undesignated channels just called ITV, four BBC2s many channel4+1s then
all the other channels including religious and shopping output. This is
a bit of a dog's breakfast which many people cannot be bothered with.

Euronews has the unique quality of giving the same pictures with a
choice of nine soundtracks, so if you want to brush up your French etc,
then the sound is there.
Old February 13th 17, 08:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:18:30 -0800 (PST), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

On Monday, 13 February 2017 16:30:51 UTC, Graham. wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 07:28:24 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

[...]

Don't you have to tune it in manually?
11.464GHz - Hor pol - SR=22000 FEC=5/6

Normally not most receivers should find it automatically if rescanned.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

OK so let's ask if he is getting the other FTA services on the
transponder. eg. TV One, Nollywood Movies, Prime TV.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%