I s there anyone on here who is also blind?

Old February 15th 17, 05:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default I s there anyone on here who is also blind?

I was wondering what the quality of the spoken features were on the
Panasonic and Samsung ranges.
IE do the program guides get read properly, are all the menus usable with
speech of options etc, and any smart features or internal apps, do they
function with speech or are they crippled due to them being third party
things and programs?
I'm certainly not going to pay for a telly when a box will do even second
hand if the functions of the set cannot be realised if due to the
limitations of the features for me as a blind user living alone.

After all, if goodmans could do what they did back at the start of freeview,
I'd expect by now to have the choice of many devices with far more features
with less crashes etc.
Its most certainly not rocket science these days, just laziness on the part
of the makers in my view.