Local Muxes from Hannington

Old February 23rd 17, 04:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default Local Muxes from Hannington

Hannington is now carrying the two local muxes to serve Reading (UHF Ch
29) and Basingstoke (UHF Ch 51)

Only the three national 'sustaining' services at present on both, (Kix,
True Crime, and True Movies) nothing in the visible service tables
indicating the 'That's Reading' and 'That's Hampshire' local channels. I
assume they are one step closer now ?!

I'm in Basingstoke, obviously full signal for the Basingstoke mux here,
but stable decodable signal for Reading, (the original plan was for both
to share Ch 29, a lá the Manchester/Liverpool/Preston services from
Winter Hill)

--
Mark
Old February 23rd 17, 04:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I can get Hannington here in Kingston UponThames on a hill. Its a bit
awkward sometimes since Crystal Palace is my local one and it is in almost
exactly the opposite direction so comes in off the back of the aerial. The
answer was to put it below the roof line so the house is int he way of
Hannington. Of course if it had anything at all regionally different it
might be worth me putting my double 18 ele stack up that way, but these days
tv is boringly the same.

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Hannington is now carrying the two local muxes to serve Reading (UHF Ch
29) and Basingstoke (UHF Ch 51)

Only the three national 'sustaining' services at present on both, (Kix,
True Crime, and True Movies) nothing in the visible service tables
indicating the 'That's Reading' and 'That's Hampshire' local channels. I
assume they are one step closer now ?!

I'm in Basingstoke, obviously full signal for the Basingstoke mux here,
but stable decodable signal for Reading, (the original plan was for both
to share Ch 29, a l the Manchester/Liverpool/Preston services from Winter
Hill)

--
Mark

Old February 23rd 17, 05:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 23/02/2017 17:58, Brian Gaff wrote:
I can get Hannington here in Kingston UponThames on a hill. Its a bit
awkward sometimes since Crystal Palace is my local one and it is in almost
exactly the opposite direction so comes in off the back of the aerial. The
answer was to put it below the roof line so the house is int he way of
Hannington. Of course if it had anything at all regionally different it
might be worth me putting my double 18 ele stack up that way, but these days
tv is boringly the same.

Well, you won't get the Reading service on ch 29, because it's
co-channel with London Live from CP.

The Basingstoke service on Ch 51 might be possible, until the Guildford
mux opens up, also on 51 !

--
Mark
Old February 23rd 17, 06:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 23/02/2017 17:43, Mark Carver wrote:
Hannington is now carrying the two local muxes to serve Reading (UHF Ch
29) and Basingstoke (UHF Ch 51)

Local TV eh? I don't know how you're managing to type. Your hands must
be shaking with excitement.

Old February 23rd 17, 07:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 23/02/2017 19:52, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/02/2017 17:43, Mark Carver wrote:
Hannington is now carrying the two local muxes to serve Reading (UHF Ch
29) and Basingstoke (UHF Ch 51)

Local TV eh? I don't know how you're managing to type. Your hands must
be shaking with excitement.

I've got a feeling it's the start of the longest test transmission
in history. I suspect Ofcom will have flogged off everything from DC to
light, before the Basingstoke local TV station actually gets off the ground.

--
Mark
Old February 23rd 17, 07:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 23/02/2017 20:00, Mark Carver wrote:

I've got a feeling it's the start of the longest test transmission
in history. I suspect Ofcom will have flogged off everything from DC to
light, before the Basingstoke local TV station actually gets off the
ground.

Haven't you heard? They are licensing the 1μm band next month. Anyone
wishing to use a hand torch or turn their car headlights on will need a
licence.

Old February 23rd 17, 10:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:58:01 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 23/02/2017 20:00, Mark Carver wrote:

I've got a feeling it's the start of the longest test transmission
in history. I suspect Ofcom will have flogged off everything from DC to
light, before the Basingstoke local TV station actually gets off the
ground.

Haven't you heard? They are licensing the 1?m band next month. Anyone
wishing to use a hand torch or turn their car headlights on will need a
licence.

Bill

Scroll right down to the bottom of this page:
http://modulatedlight.org/Modulated_...cle1Jan79.html

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old February 24th 17, 06:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 23/02/17 20:00, Mark Carver wrote:
On 23/02/2017 19:52, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/02/2017 17:43, Mark Carver wrote:
Hannington is now carrying the two local muxes to serve Reading (UHF Ch
29) and Basingstoke (UHF Ch 51)

Local TV eh? I don't know how you're managing to type. Your hands must
be shaking with excitement.

I've got a feeling it's the start of the longest test transmission
in history. I suspect Ofcom will have flogged off everything from DC to
light, before the Basingstoke local TV station actually gets off the ground.

Well, we've had Solent here for some time. I don't think I've ever
watched anything on it for more than a couple of minutes. That's mainly
due to the puke-inducing colour of the studio - a sort of grubby
off-pink. I think that money must have been so short that an order went
out to find the cheapest paint available. This colour must have been in
the storeroom for years, and before Solent came along they couldn't even
give it away!

--

Jeff
Old February 24th 17, 06:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 24/02/2017 07:44, Jeff Layman wrote:

Well, we've had Solent here for some time. I don't think I've ever
watched anything on it for more than a couple of minutes. That's mainly
due to the puke-inducing colour of the studio - a sort of grubby
off-pink. I think that money must have been so short that an order went
out to find the cheapest paint available. This colour must have been in
the storeroom for years, and before Solent came along they couldn't even
give it away!

Yes, I saw Solent while staying in a hotel in Bournemouth. Incredibly
tedious viewing, and nothing of even comedic value to watch. Same for
the Liverpool station which I managed to tune in while in a Llandudno
b&b

--
Mark
Old February 24th 17, 07:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 24/02/17 07:51, Mark Carver wrote:
On 24/02/2017 07:44, Jeff Layman wrote:

Well, we've had Solent here for some time. I don't think I've ever
watched anything on it for more than a couple of minutes. That's mainly
due to the puke-inducing colour of the studio - a sort of grubby
off-pink. I think that money must have been so short that an order went
out to find the cheapest paint available. This colour must have been in
the storeroom for years, and before Solent came along they couldn't even
give it away!

Yes, I saw Solent while staying in a hotel in Bournemouth. Incredibly
tedious viewing, and nothing of even comedic value to watch. Same for
the Liverpool station which I managed to tune in while in a Llandudno
b&b

Oh well, at least you've got TalkingPictures TV as an option on Ch8 now!

--

Jeff