Where can I find the frequency plan for post 700 MHz switchover?

Old February 26th 17, 09:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default Where can I find the frequency plan for post 700 MHz switchover?

I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700 MHz clearance allocations?

Old February 27th 17, 05:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

On 26/02/2017 22:07, wrote:
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700 MHz clearance allocations?

A good place to start looking.

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/index.html

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old February 27th 17, 06:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

wrote in message
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton
Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all
TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC
local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of
the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700
MHz clearance allocations?

Time was when such was a good idea, but given that the only
differences between the regions are the local news and Inside Out on
BBC, why bother?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 27th 17, 07:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Woody wrote:

wrote in message
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton
Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all
TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC
local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of
the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700
MHz clearance allocations?

Time was when such was a good idea, but given that the only
differences between the regions are the local news and Inside Out on
BBC, why bother?

once upon a time, Southern TV had better films than London, IMO.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old February 27th 17, 07:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_6_]

In message , Woody
writes

wrote in message
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton
Coldfield and Waltham.

Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all
TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC
local radio.

I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of
the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700
MHz clearance allocations?

Time was when such was a good idea, but given that the only
differences between the regions are the local news and Inside Out on
BBC, why bother?

And, of course, you can get all the different regions via satellite.

As for combining terrestrial aerials, how are you doing this? In the
days of analogue, simply using a wide spitter/combiner could (and, more
often, would) result in an unacceptable amount of multipath echoes. To
do it successfully, you had to ensure that each group of channels was
adequately filtered before the various frequencies were combined.
However, I suppose that digital may be more tolerant, and you might get
away with it.

--
Ian
Old February 27th 17, 08:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Woody
writes

wrote in message
[...]

Yes but how, for instance, can you watch more than one BBC mux? Agreed
the TV may ask you after tuning which region you want to watch but
thereafter the only way you can change that is to retune.

Old February 27th 17, 09:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Something i mentioned in the SAndy Heath thread. The adverts are sometimes
different as well, if you watch them.

I'd suspect that cramming the same into less is going to completey screw up
this sort of arrangement since more channel sharing has to be the outcome,
surely?

"Woody" wrote in message
news

Old February 27th 17, 09:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well, for radio channels most freeview feeds are in mono, and I tend now to
use DAb or the internet as at least many are Stereo, not commercial on dab
though, so the internet with its terribly complicated different front ends
surely stops people listening rather than encouraging it.
In my view at least national stations on the web should have their feeds
all one one platform.

news