humax freesat box fault?

Old March 7th 17, 03:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen[_7_]

Default humax freesat box fault?

Hello,

I have a humax 1010s freesat box and I have it set to display the time
on the front. Every now and again the display will blank for a few
minutes at a time. Is this a known "feature" or is it a bug? Is it
updating whilst the display blanks? It is frustrating that I cannot
see the clock during this time. I am not in front of the box all day,
but it does it at least once every day whilst I am in the room.

The other annoying thing about this is that when this happens,
something also happens on the hdmi output because if I am watching my
bluray player, when the clock blanks, the tv will switch to the
freesat input as if the unit has triggered the tv by powering on.

I should add that I only have one satellite cable going to the
receiver. Is this relevant? The other input is not connected; should I
fit a terminator to the unused input?

Thanks, Stephen.
Old March 7th 17, 04:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Stephen" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a humax 1010s freesat box and I have it set to display the time
on the front.

I didn't know that there was a choice :-)

Every now and again the display will blank for a few
minutes at a time. Is this a known "feature" or is it a bug? Is it
updating whilst the display blanks? It is frustrating that I cannot
see the clock during this time. I am not in front of the box all day,
but it does it at least once every day whilst I am in the room.

Does your box sometimes reset itself and bring up the stupid start up menu
whilst you are watching.

perhaps there is a connection

Old March 7th 17, 06:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

This sounds almost like a power supply issue.
Might be worth looking for dodgy connections to the mains and sockets or
wall warts or power leads.

I had a timer that would gain minutes every time the strip light in the next
rooms cabinet was switched on. turned out to be the electronic starter
device in the end. You could make it go mental if you held an old pifco
fluorescent torch near the device. It was in a Philips video.
Very odd.

"tim..." wrote in message
news