Upgrade on Humax You view box

Old March 12th 17, 09:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dean Jackson

Default Upgrade on Humax You view box

How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being introduced
to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list system.
D.J.
Old March 12th 17, 09:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Any sign onf a talking function yet. When I think back that in the 80s we
had a Sharp talking video that walked you through the settings like a
patient relative, albeit in a voice more like a demented dalek.

Old March 12th 17, 11:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 12/03/17 10:02, Dean Jackson wrote:
How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being introduced
to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list system.
D.J.

Can't say, as I don't have one.

But, IMHO, just about anything which refers to itself as "New,
improved..." is telling a porkie as far as the second term is concerned.

--

Jeff
Old March 12th 17, 11:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 12:24:31 +0000
Jeff Layman wrote:

On 12/03/17 10:02, Dean Jackson wrote:
How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being
introduced to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list
system. D.J.

Can't say, as I don't have one.

But, IMHO, just about anything which refers to itself as "New,
improved..." is telling a porkie as far as the second term is
concerned.

And ANY reference to 'Enhanced Customer Experience' is to be run a mile
from. Hopefully Humax don't do that.

--
Davey.
Old March 12th 17, 12:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 12/03/17 10:12, Brian Gaff wrote:
Any sign onf a talking function yet.

Yes, already has it. Uses a smart phone.

--
Adrian C
Old March 12th 17, 02:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Jeff Layman wrote:

On 12/03/17 10:02, Dean Jackson wrote:
How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being
introduced to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list
system. D.J.

Can't say, as I don't have one.

But, IMHO, just about anything which refers to itself as "New,
improved..." is telling a porkie as far as the second term is
concerned.

And ANY reference to 'Enhanced Customer Experience' is to be run a mile
from. Hopefully Humax don't do that.

Not quite, but each new generation of Humax software is inferior to the
previous
generation. It would help if they did the minimum of debugging before
releasing
it, at least they might make some attempt to fix obvious bugs.

my new Hummy fixed the bug on the old one where back to back recordings (one
to finish at 10:00 and the next to start at 10:00) sometimes resulted in the
second one not being recorded at all (bug not restricted to programs on the
same channel)

But at the same time took out about 16 useful features

tim

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old March 12th 17, 06:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

In article ,
says...

On 12/03/2017 15:55, Yellow wrote:
In article ,

says...

How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being introduced
to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list system.
D.J.

There is a youView forum with a very lively community, and some support,
that you might find of interest.

https://community.youview.com/youview

Yes, I had found that. Some good comments there.
https://community.youview.com/youvie...-hg4nwsoj2cv6l

D.J.

I have a TalkTalk youView box that has not been upgraded yet but
TalkTalk keep putting out publicity that it is going to be "better than
ever".

Hmmmmm.....

One of the main complaints seems to be about how recordings are
presented.