A Sky, cable and digital tv forum. Digital TV Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Digital TV Banter forum » Digital TV Newsgroups » uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (uk.tech.digital-tv) Discussion of all matters technical in origin related to the reception of digital television transmissions, be they via satellite, terrestrial or cable. Advertising is forbidden, with no exceptions.

Streaming BBC Breakfast today



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 30th 17, 06:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 255
Default Streaming BBC Breakfast today

At programme end a big red screen came up and displayed, 'this channel is
not available in your area yet' with information about satelite channels and
free to air channels. The red screen was semi transparent with a background
of people in wheelchairs trying to get into a semi circle painted on the
floor. It stayed like this for about ten minutes until the next programme
started missing ten munutes.

  #2  
Old March 30th 17, 06:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,562
Default Streaming BBC Breakfast today

On 30/03/2017 19:09, Phi wrote:
At programme end a big red screen came up and displayed, 'this channel
is not available in your area yet' with information about satelite
channels and free to air channels. The red screen was semi transparent
with a background of people in wheelchairs trying to get into a semi
circle painted on the floor. It stayed like this for about ten minutes
until the next programme started missing ten munutes.



On BBC 1 HD ?

You're in England ?

It was this ? :-

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QMopJ7l6tsw/hqdefault.jpg

If the answer to all three is yes, then either you've only bought an HD
TV today, or you've been in prison for the last five years.

It appears in place of the local news, because the Beeb haven't yet got
regional opting sorted out in England.

Although, I'm surprised it was there for 10 mins this morning, the local
news opts in Breakfast are only 3-4 mins

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
  #3  
Old March 30th 17, 08:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,746
Default Streaming BBC Breakfast today

On 30/03/2017 19:11, Mark Carver wrote:

On BBC 1 HD ?

You're in England ?

It was this ? :-

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QMopJ7l6tsw/hqdefault.jpg

If the answer to all three is yes, then either you've only bought an HD
TV today, or you've been in prison for the last five years.


IU expect they've got HD tellys in the prisons now, otherwise it would
be against their human rights.

Bill
  #4  
Old April 9th 17, 05:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 66
Default Streaming BBC Breakfast today

On 30/03/2017 21:43, Bill Wright wrote:
On 30/03/2017 19:11, Mark Carver wrote:

On BBC 1 HD ?

You're in England ?

It was this ? :-

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QMopJ7l6tsw/hqdefault.jpg

If the answer to all three is yes, then either you've only bought an HD
TV today, or you've been in prison for the last five years.


IU expect they've got HD tellys in the prisons now, otherwise it would
be against their human rights.

Bill



More like Nigel every day
  #5  
Old April 9th 17, 08:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,746
Default Streaming BBC Breakfast today

On 09/04/2017 22:36, Phi wrote:
I have seen that message several times recently whilst streaming on the
computer


I thought it was only cats that streamed on the computer...

Bill

  #6  
Old April 9th 17, 09:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 255
Default Streaming BBC Breakfast today

I have seen that message several times recently whilst streaming on the
computer, I assumed someone was asleep at the Beeb.


"critcher" wrote in message
news
On 30/03/2017 21:43, Bill Wright wrote:
On 30/03/2017 19:11, Mark Carver wrote:

On BBC 1 HD ?

You're in England ?

It was this ? :-

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QMopJ7l6tsw/hqdefault.jpg

If the answer to all three is yes, then either you've only bought an HD
TV today, or you've been in prison for the last five years.


IU expect they've got HD tellys in the prisons now, otherwise it would
be against their human rights.

Bill



More like Nigel every day


  #7  
Old April 10th 17, 01:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 255
Default Streaming BBC Breakfast today


"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 09/04/2017 22:36, Phi wrote:
I have seen that message several times recently whilst streaming on the
computer


I thought it was only cats that streamed on the computer...

Bill


Pussies have another purpose.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2017 Digital TV Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.