Philips tuner for a Toshiba HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder modelRD-XV48DTKB.

Old April 5th 17, 07:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dean Jackson

Default Philips tuner for a Toshiba HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder modelRD-XV48DTKB.

Does anyone know of a possible source for a Philips tuner for a Toshiba
HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder model RD-XV48DTKB.
Local repair person says that they are unavailable.
D.J.
Old April 5th 17, 08:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Dean Jackson" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a possible source for a Philips tuner for a
Toshiba HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder model RD-XV48DTKB.
Local repair person says that they are unavailable.

Try Charles Hyde at Pocklington.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old April 5th 17, 08:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
sintv[_2_]

On Wednesday, 5 April 2017 20:27:03 UTC+1, Woody wrote:
"Dean Jackson" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a possible source for a Philips tuner for a
Toshiba HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder model RD-XV48DTKB.
Local repair person says that they are unavailable.

Try Charles Hyde at Pocklington.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Charles Hyde has stopped trading
Old April 5th 17, 09:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 19:12:06 +0100, Dean Jackson
wrote:

Does anyone know of a possible source for a Philips tuner for a Toshiba
HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder model RD-XV48DTKB.
Local repair person says that they are unavailable.
D.J.

Wait till "sweetasapeanut" comes to his or her senses and reduces the
price of this to what it's worth.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toshiba-RD...AOSww3tY4TZ 1

Seriously, I have had luck with ebay saved searches coming up trumps
with obsolete items, but it can take a long time.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old April 5th 17, 10:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Dean Jackson" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a possible source for a Philips tuner for a Toshiba
HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder model RD-XV48DTKB.
Local repair person says that they are unavailable.
D.J.

There used to be just a few pin layouts and form factors.

Its become more complicated with varying degrees of minaturisation and
various different control busses.

There is some semblance of standard sizes - so its often still possible to
find a compatible replacement.

Philips parts may well have "second source" alternatives.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 5th 17, 10:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dean Jackson

wrote:

Does anyone know of a possible source for a Philips tuner for a Toshiba
HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder model RD-XV48DTKB.
Local repair person says that they are unavailable.
D.J.

Wait till "sweetasapeanut" comes to his or her senses and reduces the
price of this to what it's worth.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toshiba-RD...AOSww3tY4TZ 1

Seriously, I have had luck with ebay saved searches coming up trumps
with obsolete items, but it can take a long time.

I'll keep an eye out for it.
I was looking at an item the other week that was overpriced that had a
last minute bid at the asking price. A couple of weeks later the same
thing happened again and it has now appeared at a lesser price. Does
Ebay condone that sort of thing?
The first time the seller could be contacted and she answered a
question. Since then there has been no way to contact her.
D.J.
Old April 6th 17, 08:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"sintv" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 5 April 2017 20:27:03 UTC+1, Woody wrote:
"Dean Jackson" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a possible source for a Philips tuner for a
Toshiba HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder model RD-XV48DTKB.
Local repair person says that they are unavailable.

Try Charles Hyde at Pocklington.

--

Charles Hyde has stopped trading

Didn't know about that. Another sad day - end of November last year it
seems.

I wonder where I'm going to get a replacement LOPT for my telly now?

Old April 6th 17, 08:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"sintv" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 5 April 2017 20:27:03 UTC+1, Woody wrote:
"Dean Jackson" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a possible source for a Philips tuner for a
Toshiba HDD & DVD/ Video Cassette Recorder model RD-XV48DTKB.
Local repair person says that they are unavailable.

Try Charles Hyde at Pocklington.

--

Charles Hyde has stopped trading

Didn't know about that. Another sad day - end of November last year it
seems.

Is Satcure still trading? - they used to advertise tuner rebuilds for
various STBs, and probably had refurbs for sale.

I wonder where I'm going to get a replacement LOPT for my telly now?

I used to order from HR - usually they were better than the original part.

Whether they still exist is one thing - whether they still bother making
LOPTs is another.

They rapidly took up the baton on CCFL backlight boards - but its a while
since I checked they're still around.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 6th 17, 11:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 20:21:51 +0100, "Benderthe.evilrobot"
wrote:

I wonder where I'm going to get a replacement LOPT for my telly now?

I used to order from HR - usually they were better than the original part.

Whether they still exist is one thing - whether they still bother making
LOPTs is another.

I have a CRT computer monitor in my hallway (left there last December
by someone who needed storage for it for "a couple of weeks"), and I
wondered what it would be worth if I tried to sell it on Ebay. When I
looked the other day, all - and I mean *all* - the CRT monitors in the
last few hours of auctions were still showing 99p start prices with
zero bids. CRT tellys were the same. A few years back I actually
managed to sell an old CRT telly, not for very much but someone
actually paid me for it rather than me paying them to take it away.
Not any more. It seems you literally can't give them away now. It
probably still works too.