BBC is constipated

Old April 17th 17, 08:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default BBC is constipated

Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but get
message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme here', but
you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I have no TV

Old April 17th 17, 09:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
the dog from that film you saw

On 17/04/2017 21:35, Phi wrote:
Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I have
no TV

as they say, they don't have the rights to stream it. what would you
have them do? - break the law just for you?
Old April 17th 17, 10:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 22:45:48 +0100, the dog from that film you saw wrote:

On 17/04/2017 21:35, Phi wrote:
Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I
have no TV

as they say, they don't have the rights to stream it. what would you
have them do? - break the law just for you?

It's damned annoying when that happens but, as you pointed out, the Beeb
don't always have the option to offer post airing downloads (or even a
post airing 'streaming only' service).

All I can suggest is that Phil tries a google search using, in this

--
Johnny B Good

Old April 17th 17, 11:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

On 17/04/2017 21:35, Phi wrote:
Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I
have no TV

as they say, they don't have the rights to stream it. what would you
have them do? - break the law just for you?

It's damned annoying when that happens but, as you pointed out, the Beeb
don't always have the option to offer post airing downloads (or even a
post airing 'streaming only' service).

All I can suggest is that Phil tries a google search using, in this
case, the phrase "Guardians of the Galaxy torrent". :-)

--
Johnny B Good

It was rubbish anyway...I streamed some of it from 'BBC1 Live Stream - TV
Guide UK TV Listings'

Old April 18th 17, 07:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

This happens a lot on radio on local when some footy matches are not allowed
on the stream due to rights problems. Luckily I never want to listen to
over played wallies kicking balls about, but I'm surprised this would
affect broadcast tv, unless there is an alternative online stream which
somebody has paid for.

news

Old April 18th 17, 07:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

No but one might consider that if they offer streaming then they might
attempt to get the rights, or at the very least mention in the promo that it
will not be available on the on line version of bbc1. Probably going to
need to watch for this a lot as things get more complicated.

"the dog from that film you saw" wrote in
message ...

Old April 18th 17, 08:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I think the word Infantile comes to mind when it was around before.
Not my scene.
I think though if this odd problem is all you have to contend with on
streaming programs, then be glad you are not looking for audio described
streams of ITV shows that have it on broadcast. The term, 'you'll be lucky'
comes to mind.

"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...

wrote:

On 17/04/2017 21:35, Phi wrote:
Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser,
but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I
have no TV

as they say, they don't have the rights to stream it. what would you
have them do? - break the law just for you?

It's damned annoying when that happens but, as you pointed out, the
Beeb
don't always have the option to offer post airing downloads (or even a
post airing 'streaming only' service).

All I can suggest is that Phil tries a google search using, in this
case, the phrase "Guardians of the Galaxy torrent". :-)

--
Johnny B Good

It was rubbish anyway...

Was the story too complex for you to follow?

Old April 18th 17, 02:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 17/04/2017 21:35, Phi wrote:
Went to stream Guardians of the Galaxy on iPlayer through browser, but
get message to say 'For legal reasons we can't play this programme
here', but you can watch it by switching your TV to BBC one: alas I have
no TV

Sometimes they do the opposite and show the first episode on 'proper' TV
with the rest just online. Like the latest Wagner's Ring (without saying
so in the Radio Times). So I couldn't record it. Not that it mattered as
it looked like a glorified concert version.

--
Max Demian