BBC not keeping me signed in.

Old May 30th 17, 03:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default BBC not keeping me signed in.

There seems to be a problem with the BBC holding my log-in details. It asks
every time I call up iPlayer.

Old May 30th 17, 06:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Its total rubbish its lost my post code three times so far and asks if I
have a licence when I thought the whole point of it was to look to see if I
had one. what is the bleedin point otherwise, its rubbisish. Account
management should be a simple thing after all all maner of web sites manage
it, why can't the bbc?

news

Old May 30th 17, 06:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

The thing is though that according to ccleaner there are no cookies in
firefox, yet there are as sites other than the bbc will allow auto log in
with just hitting enter.
I guess better privacy might be doing it, but why would it when it obeys
all other remember my log in cookies? Seems pointless unless the bbc are not
sending the correct sort of cokie to allow the software to realise its a
proper log in perhaps?

"Scott" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 May 2017 18:40:43 +0100, UnsteadyKen

says...
There seems to be a problem with the BBC holding my log-in details. It
asks
every time I call up iPlayer.

Something is removing the BBC cookie.
Do you have your browser set to clear user data at shutdown?

I had that with the bank. The answer was to set CCleaner to retain a
couple of cookies bearing the name of a major clearing bank.

Old May 30th 17, 07:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

I use Firefox. I have over 20 BBC cookies. The BBC make clear you will
need to sign in again if cookies are deleted.

On 30/05/2017 19:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
The thing is though that according to ccleaner there are no cookies in
firefox, yet there are as sites other than the bbc will allow auto log in
with just hitting enter.
I guess better privacy might be doing it, but why would it when it obeys
all other remember my log in cookies? Seems pointless unless the bbc are not
sending the correct sort of cokie to allow the software to realise its a
proper log in perhaps?

Robin