told you so

Old June 10th 17, 09:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default told you so

The usual cocked up lines and dodgy audio was very well represented in the
election coverage. So I rest my case. Nothing has been improved by new
technology from tithe 1960s coverage of elections.

Old June 10th 17, 11:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

It was clear but amazing how many OBs were done using a phone on 4G -
even whilst moving on a Battle Bus - and the quality of picture that
resulted.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

news

Old June 10th 17, 12:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 10/06/2017 11:07, Woody wrote:
It was clear but amazing how many OBs were done using a phone on 4G -
even whilst moving on a Battle Bus - and the quality of picture that
resulted.

Although 4G is capable of a connection speed in excess of 100 Mb/s, (I
measured 96 Mb/s down and 13 Mb/s up the other day on my phone).

13 megs is more than enough to transmit a good quality TV picture,
particular using modern codecs, and is more than the bandwidth available
on a standard SNG uplink. The broadcasters aren't using phones either,
so there must be other factors at play here ?

http://www.wiredbroadcast.com/viprinet_mediaport.html

--
Mark
Old June 10th 17, 05:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Brian Gaff wrote:

on the radio they cannot get a decent connection

One thing I wish radio shows would do (all of them, no matter who
they've got on the line) is fade the caller out and move on as soon as
the quality goes dodgy, or the person tucks the phone under their chin
so it's muffled, rather than persevering with un-listenable quality.