I have to wait 30 minutes

Old June 22nd 17, 04:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd

Default I have to wait 30 minutes

.....because I put the wrong password in twice whilst logging
into BBC iPlayer in new browser......what is the big security
for, they don't want licence number

To stop robots making hundreds of password attempts each minute.

Angus

Old June 22nd 17, 05:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Phi wrote:

.....because I put the wrong password in twice whilst logging into BBC
iPlayer in new browser......what is the big security for, they don't want
licence number

Just create a new iPlayer account with a different email address, in
fact I'm tempted to create a fresh account in the format

every day, just to stuff their stupid tracking ...

Old June 22nd 17, 05:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Old June 23rd 17, 08:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

No idea. I could not get it to recognise me with the details I used last
time. I thus went in again and went to the program i wanted to watch, it
then prompted me to log in create and account or do it later. I told it
later and watched the program.
I do have a problem with tat site, All other sites it remembers the
password and all I need to do is hit return, If I do this on the bbc it says
its not the right password which is very odd.

news

Old June 23rd 17, 08:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I tell you what will stuff it for me, if they install one of those cap-char
human detectors. I hate those. Even the ones with an audio option are almost
impossible to do. No wonder they call them a challenge. By now we should be
over all that crap. We should all have keyboards with a finger print reader
built in.

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 18:02:38 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Phi wrote:

.....because I put the wrong password in twice whilst logging into BBC
iPlayer in new browser......what is the big security for, they don't
want
licence number

Just create a new iPlayer account with a different email address, in
fact I'm tempted to create a fresh account in the format

every day, just to stuff their stupid tracking ...

LOL
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old June 23rd 17, 09:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Friday, 23 June 2017 09:24:22 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
We should all have keyboards with a finger print reader
built in.

Brian, that's highly discriminatory against people who type with mouth sticks. (smiley)

Owain

Old June 23rd 17, 09:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
I tell you what will stuff it for me, if they install one of those
cap-char human detectors. I hate those. Even the ones with an audio option
are almost impossible to do. No wonder they call them a challenge. By now
we should be over all that crap. We should all have keyboards with a
finger print reader built in.

Those CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and
Humans Apart) things are a real pain. They distort the shapes of letters to
the point that they are difficult even for a human, never mind a computer,
to decypher. They also don't distinguish well enough between lower-case and
upper-case letters because the sizes of individual letters varies, and of
course some letters such as "C" and "V" are identical in shape, with only
the size relative to other letters allowing you to tell lower and upper case
apart.

CAPTCHAs which use real dictionary words are easier to solve than those
which use random letters because you get context which makes it easier to
separate letters which are deliberately crammed together, rotated or even
overlapping.

Old June 23rd 17, 09:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Phi" wrote in message
news
.....because I put the wrong password in twice whilst logging into BBC
iPlayer in new browser......what is the big security for, they don't want
licence number

I have not yet signed in because the popup says "You will soon have to sign
in", and gives the option "sign in later" which I have always selected so
far. When is it due to become mandatory?
--
Dave W