CorelDraw 4

Old June 24th 17, 01:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default CorelDraw 4

I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could
you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to
look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be great.

Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I converted
dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand from v4 to v8,
which v12 and 17 will open, but I forgot these few.

Needless to say Win 10 won't run v4.

Old June 24th 17, 03:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 24/06/2017 14:49, Bill Wright wrote:
I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could
you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to
look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be great.

Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I converted
dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand from v4 to v8,
which v12 and 17 will open, but I forgot these few.

Needless to say Win 10 won't run v4.

There are free viewers/convertors for most such formats. I've not used
one for .cdr files but CDR Viewer seems to have been around for a while

http://cdrviewer.org/

and there's an online version if you don't want to install

http://cdrviewer.org/ConvertCdrToJpg.aspx

Links are clear at Virustotal. I've not checked the download. And I
cannot warrant it deals with v4 files.

--
Robin
Old June 24th 17, 03:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Saturday, 24 June 2017 14:49:21 UTC+1, wrote:
I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could
you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to
look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be great.

Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I converted
dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand from v4 to v8,
which v12 and 17 will open, but I forgot these few.

Needless to say Win 10 won't run v4.

Bill

As it is you Bill, I have Corel Draw 9* and it does run on W10 (originally it had problems in file management, but Windows updates resolved that). It should open Corel Draw 4 files.
Old June 24th 17, 05:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 14:49:21 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could
you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to
look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be great.

Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I converted
dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand from v4 to v8,
which v12 and 17 will open, but I forgot these few.

Needless to say Win 10 won't run v4.

Won't Irfanview open them? It can handle most types of image file, and
can batch convert lots of them all in one go.

Old June 24th 17, 06:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could
you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to
look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be
great.

Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I
converted dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand
from v4 to v8, which v12 and 17 will open, but I forgot these few.

Needless to say Win 10 won't run v4.

It sounds as though you have a copy of CDR4 and possibly an older
version of Windoze.

There is a fairly simple but often overlooked solution. Download
Microsoft Virtual PC (make sure to get the 64bit version if you are
running W10 64bit) - it is free - and install it. Then run it and load
Windows XP or 98SE into it. That will allow you to run XP or 98SE in
its own environment completely isolated from W10 - indeed W10 just
thinks it is a very big file. VPC provides interconnection to W10 so
that you can use external ports such as USB, serial, or printer.

When I downloaded it the M$ web page gave me a pointer to download
f.o.c. an iso file of XP.

The alternative is to install XP or 98SE on your machine as well which
will give you a start-up dual boot and you can configure it so that
the default is W10 but there is a pause during boot to allow you to
select the alternative OS.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old June 25th 17, 02:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/06/2017 16:01, Robin wrote:
[...]

Installed this but no go with cdr 4 or 17 files.

Old June 25th 17, 02:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/06/2017 16:58, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 24 June 2017 14:49:21 UTC+1, wrote:
I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could
you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to
look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be great.

Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I converted
dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand from v4 to v8,
which v12 and 17 will open, but I forgot these few.

Needless to say Win 10 won't run v4.

Bill

As it is you Bill, I have Corel Draw 9* and it does run on W10 (originally it had problems in file management, but Windows updates resolved that). It should open Corel Draw 4 files.

Could I send you them?

Old June 25th 17, 02:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:

I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could
you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to
look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be great.

Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I converted
dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand from v4 to v8,
which v12 and 17 will open, but I forgot these few.

Needless to say Win 10 won't run v4.

Won't Irfanview open them? It can handle most types of image file, and
can batch convert lots of them all in one go.

Rod.

It doesn't list .cdr files

Old June 25th 17, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Maybe this will help/work?

http://cdrviewer.org/