Parry People Mover

Old June 27th 17, 10:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

Default Parry People Mover

Last week the BBC regional opt-outs all had the theme of
"Invented in..."

The Midlands version included (about halfway through) a segment
on Parry's People Mover, and can be viewed he

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...n-the-midlands

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old June 27th 17, 11:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Last week the BBC regional opt-outs all had the theme of
"Invented in..."

Sorry, wrong group. :-(

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old June 27th 17, 11:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 27/06/2017 11:04, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Chris J Dixon wrote:

Last week the BBC regional opt-outs all had the theme of
"Invented in..."

Sorry, wrong group. :-(

Chris

Well that's no good, apologising now after we've all wasted an hour
looking at it!

Old June 27th 17, 01:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Last week the BBC regional opt-outs all had the theme of
"Invented in..."

Sorry, wrong group. :-(

Chris

Well that's no good, apologising now after we've all wasted an hour
looking at it!

What, you watched it twice hoping the relevance might eventually
become clear?

There are another 10 episodes for other regions, of varying
interest and quality.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old June 27th 17, 03:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 27/06/17 11:04, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Chris J Dixon wrote:

Last week the BBC regional opt-outs all had the theme of
"Invented in..."

Sorry, wrong group. :-(

Interesting program, just the same. Electric cars predate petrol?

When I were little, I used to think that while London tube trains rested
at a platform, they were spinning a similar whirly flywheel, but alas;
they were just running a compressor to top up the brakes

What would happen if by a stroke of bad luck one of these were to
derail. Where would the inertia of the flywheel take it?

--
Adrian C

Old June 27th 17, 05:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Last week the BBC regional opt-outs all had the theme of
"Invented in..."

Sorry, wrong group. :-(

Interesting program, just the same. Electric cars predate petrol?

When I were little, I used to think that while London tube trains rested
at a platform, they were spinning a similar whirly flywheel, but alas;
they were just running a compressor to top up the brakes

What would happen if by a stroke of bad luck one of these were to derail.
Where would the inertia of the flywheel take it?

--
Adrian C

Momentum if it is moving and Inertia when stationary.

Old June 27th 17, 06:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Was anything ever invented in Rutland?

The Ruttles? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rutles

Old June 27th 17, 08:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 17:49:15 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Was anything ever invented in Rutland?