Voice controlled tellies

Old July 4th 17, 12:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Voice controlled tellies

So anyone had any experiences with these. Having just got an Amazon Echo, I
was wondering if the command set on a tellie also runs to something like
BBC I Pleyer
Please play me Dr Who with audio description.

brian

Old July 4th 17, 12:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Brian Gaff wrote:

So anyone had any experiences with these.

No sorry.

Having just got an Amazon Echo

Does your screenreader talk to your echo?

Hey Alexa, set a repeating alarm for Sundays at 3 a m
Old July 4th 17, 12:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob[_12_]

On Tue, 04 Jul 2017 13:28:53 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

So anyone had any experiences with these.

No sorry.

Having just got an Amazon Echo

Does your screenreader talk to your echo?

Hey Alexa, set a repeating alarm for Sundays at 3 a m

Naughty! but I liked it
Old July 4th 17, 03:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 13:28:53 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

So anyone had any experiences with these.

No sorry.

Having just got an Amazon Echo

Does your screenreader talk to your echo?

Hey Alexa, set a repeating alarm for Sundays at 3 a m

Somebody's already thought of this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmINGWsyWX0

Old July 4th 17, 06:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

It did not work cos he put hey in front of the wake up word. its the other
one.
Hey Google, set an alarm for 1am tomorrow.

o.uk...

Old July 4th 17, 07:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

So anyone had any experiences with these.

No sorry.

Having just got an Amazon Echo

Does your screenreader talk to your echo?

Hey Alexa, set a repeating alarm for Sundays at 3 a m

Somebody's already thought of this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmINGWsyWX0

Rod.

On my phone system I have the choice of two timewasting "engines" that
I can direct telemarketing calls to.

This is what happens if I connect them to each other.

https://soundcloud.com/user-50662785...dpawav/s-rZmj1
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old July 4th 17, 08:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 04/07/2017 13:15, Brian Gaff wrote:
So anyone had any experiences with these. Having just got an Amazon Echo, I
was wondering if the command set on a tellie also runs to something like
BBC I Pleyer
Please play me Dr Who with audio description.

Amazon's boxes have Alexa via the remote control. You might want to have
a play.

Andy