IOT] Bostik No,. 2

Old July 31st 17, 03:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

Default IOT] Bostik No,. 2

I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of Bostik
number 2, kept in a garage drawer.

I recovered it, a little dusty but otherwise unaffected by the effluxion of
time. After applying it I realised that I could not remember how long it
would take to cure. What's more the tube was now the partly rolled up
obscuring the instructions.

Googling produced no recognisable results for Bostik 2.

Does anyone on this NG recognise or have I woken up in a parallel world?

Old July 31st 17, 05:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 31/07/2017 16:21, Pinnerite wrote:
I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of Bostik
number 2, kept in a garage drawer.

I recovered it, a little dusty but otherwise unaffected by the effluxion of
time. After applying it I realised that I could not remember how long it
would take to cure. What's more the tube was now the partly rolled up
obscuring the instructions.

Googling produced no recognisable results for Bostik 2.

I found that as well - or rather there are a multitude of Bostik
products that mention no.2 and I couldn't be bothered to hunt through
over a million hits.

If you can't find the information on www.bostik.co.uk then I suggest you
carefully unroll the tube to read what it says.

Old July 31st 17, 05:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 31/07/17 16:21, Pinnerite wrote:
I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of Bostik
number 2, kept in a garage drawer.

I recovered it, a little dusty but otherwise unaffected by the effluxion of
time. After applying it I realised that I could not remember how long it
would take to cure. What's more the tube was now the partly rolled up
obscuring the instructions.

Googling produced no recognisable results for Bostik 2.

Does anyone on this NG recognise or have I woken up in a parallel world?

The following identifies it as a waterproof rubber based solvent glue,

http://www.cleapss.org.uk/attachment...cle/0/L018.pdf

Strange that there is nothing else I've found on the webs. I do remember
the name "Bostik no 2". It's strange Bostik don't....

The solvents should be quick to disperse. I'd give it 6 to 24 hours,
then give it a sniff. If you are then transported to another world of
technicolor flying pink elephants and dancing Martians dressed up as
Pan's People, then probably give it another 24hrs and repeat.

--
Adrian C
Old July 31st 17, 07:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob[_12_]

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:25:22 +0100, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

The solvents should be quick to disperse. I'd give it 6 to 24 hours,
then give it a sniff. If you are then transported to another world of
technicolor flying pink elephants and dancing Martians dressed up as
Pan's People,

Please can I have a tube if anyone has any left after the above. :-)
Old August 1st 17, 12:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

Pinnerite wrote:

I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of
Bostik number 2, kept in a garage drawer.

I recovered it, a little dusty but otherwise unaffected by the effluxion
of
time. After applying it I realised that I could not remember how long it
would take to cure. What's more the tube was now the partly rolled up
obscuring the instructions.

Googling produced no recognisable results for Bostik 2.

Does anyone on this NG recognise or have I woken up in a parallel world?

This is the reply that I received from Bostik (my guess is that it is
computer generated:

"Hello

Thank you for your e mail.

Unfortunately we have not heard of this product.

It might not have been manufactured in the UK.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

We hope you can take the time to answer our very short customer satisfaction
survey by clicking the link below - Thank you."

Did I click the link? Yeah right.

Old August 1st 17, 01:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 01/08/2017 13:03, Pinnerite wrote:
Pinnerite wrote:

[...]

You'll be asking for Pimms Number 2 next...

--
Max Demian
Old August 1st 17, 06:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Pinnerite wrote:

Pinnerite wrote:

I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of
Bostik number 2, kept in a garage drawer.

Unfortunately we have not heard of this product.

Was it a particularly gungey thick black glue, with a big 'key' to wind
it from the bottom of the tube? I seem to remember Dad eeking out a tube
for decades ...

Old August 1st 17, 06:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 01/08/17 13:03, Pinnerite wrote:

This is the reply that I received from Bostik (my guess is that it is
computer generated:

"Hello

Thank you for your e mail.

Unfortunately we have not heard of this product.

On their current website, Bostik has a publication called:

"Bostik 125 years of innovation"

https://fr.calameo.com/read/0042177978f7a2f3151b5

Page 16 has a clearly readable colour photo of a tube of "Bostik 1 clear
adhesive".

Get that back to them? Someone there needs waking up!

--
Adrian C
Old August 1st 17, 07:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 01/08/2017 19:07, Andy Burns wrote:
Pinnerite wrote:

Pinnerite wrote:

I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of
Bostik number 2, kept in a garage drawer.

Unfortunately we have not heard of this product.

Was it a particularly gungey thick black glue, with a big 'key' to wind
it from the bottom of the tube? I seem to remember Dad eeking out a tube
for decades ...

I remember a similar tube of gungy *white* glue. I assumed that was the
best that Bostik could manage at the time.

And there was, "Don't say glue, say UHU! It'll stick to anything".

There used to be loads of rubbish glues in the past, not to mention wood
glue made by boiling down cow hoofs, and a cold water version of
flour-and-water glue, which I think was called "Tapwatar". I used a
version of the latter to cement together the ceramic bricks of my
Brickplayer kit: http://www.brickplayer.co.uk/ . You soaked them it
water to disassemble them.

--
Max Demian
Old August 1st 17, 07:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Max Demian wrote:

flour-and-water glue, which I think was called "Tapwatar"

Is that related to "ossmuckantar" used for mending boats?