OK time to do another freeview re tune

Old August 16th 17, 06:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default OK time to do another freeview re tune

At least according to the apologetic likkle messate my set top box told me
over the wweekend. Lets see what happens this time.

Old August 16th 17, 07:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
At least according to the apologetic likkle messate my set top box told me
over the wweekend. Lets see what happens this time.

Strange, http://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-updates.html only mentions
that three adult channels have closed on 3 August (the day after the big
retune the other week). Likewise
https://www.freeview.co.uk/biggerbetterfreeview only refers to the 2 August
retune.

Old August 17th 17, 10:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Yes, I know but the pesky little message needed to be placated. The first
attempt put my 800 channels back to the right ones, but left out the mux
with itv3/5usa etc, on it, so I removed the aerial, pressed tune and it
went, as expected into start up mode with a clean slate. This time when
aerial was connected all is well and all those old markers have been removed
decluttering the list again.

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
news

Old August 17th 17, 10:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Yes, I know but the pesky little message needed to be placated. The first
attempt put my 800 channels back to the right ones, but left out the mux
with itv3/5usa etc, on it, so I removed the aerial, pressed tune and it
went, as expected into start up mode with a clean slate. This time when
aerial was connected all is well and all those old markers have been
removed decluttering the list again.

Excellent news. Glad it's all worked out eventually.

Old August 17th 17, 04:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
No and its the same with the daft spelling of the company which owns the
transmitters as well. If they are going to have a creative spelling of
archiver, it makes no sense to me at all.

Ah [sound of penny dropping]. Is *that* how Arqiva is pronounced? I always
thought the Q was pronounced as a Q rather than K and the I was pronounced
as EE - "Arkweever" (sorry, Brian, your screen reader is going to blow a
fuse trying to pronounce that!).

Looking at the wikipedia article for Arqiva
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arqiva it seems that I'd got the vowel right
and you'd got the consonant right - Arqkeever. I see reference in the
article to Merlin Communicationss: its MD and founder, Fiona Lowry, was on
the same Elec Course as I was. She's really done well for herself!

Old August 18th 17, 10:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 04:11:57 +0100
"Brian-Gaff" wrote:

Yes its totally daft.
Titilation channels. Incidentally, there is still one of the old
markers, for tiny pop, still stubbornly in the wrong place but its
dead as there is a new one.
One strange thing is that one of the bbc children's channels appears
to be playing naff music when its closed of late. Also red button had
comedy awards on it which was in fact more entertaining than the crap
on elsewhere. Brian

But I cannot relate to its recent 'Classic Hip-Hop' as a real thing.

--
Davey.
Old August 18th 17, 02:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:48:50 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

I do not follow you at all with this comment.
can you elucidate?
Brian

BBC iPlayer recently offered 'Classic Hip-Hop' as it's first choice,
when it was opened, above all the normal menu items. But to me, there
is no such thing as 'Classic Hip-Hop', it's not music to my ears.

--
Davey.
Old August 18th 17, 07:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

I do not follow you at all with this comment.
can you elucidate?
Brian

BBC iPlayer recently offered 'Classic Hip-Hop' as it's first choice,
when it was opened, above all the normal menu items. But to me, there
is no such thing as 'Classic Hip-Hop', it's not music to my ears.

Hip-Hop and Rap are both examples (IMHO) of the difference between an
undoubted skill (sometimes) and something that is bearable to listen to.