Weatherproof 4-way splitter

Old August 31st 17, 02:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

Default Weatherproof 4-way splitter

Can anyone recommend a 4-way splitter with a robust weatherproof case?
It's to replace a Labgear 4-way masthead amplifier which stopped
working and the case turned out to have broken. (I don't think I need
the amplification now.)

-- Richard
Old August 31st 17, 03:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 31/08/2017 15:20, Richard Tobin wrote:
Can anyone recommend a 4-way splitter with a robust weatherproof case?
It's to replace a Labgear 4-way masthead amplifier which stopped
working and the case turned out to have broken. (I don't think I need
the amplification now.)

-- Richard

The small diecast ones are generally waterproof, if you wrap the f
connectors with self amalg.

http://cpc.farnell.com/triax/344004/...mhz/dp/AP01023

That's how I used to do outdoor splitters ever since the diecast ones
came out, and I never had water ingress problems.

Alternatively,
http://cpc.farnell.com/vision/v24-20...rge/dp/AP02576
or
http://cpc.farnell.com/olan/ol20023/...ded/dp/EN81301

Old August 31st 17, 05:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 31 August 2017 16:20:35 UTC+1, wrote:
On 31/08/2017 15:20, Richard Tobin wrote:
Can anyone recommend a 4-way splitter with a robust weatherproof case?
It's to replace a Labgear 4-way masthead amplifier which stopped
working and the case turned out to have broken. (I don't think I need
the amplification now.)

-- Richard

The small diecast ones are generally waterproof, if you wrap the f
connectors with self amalg.

http://cpc.farnell.com/triax/344004/...mhz/dp/AP01023

That's how I used to do outdoor splitters ever since the diecast ones
came out, and I never had water ingress problems.

Alternatively,
http://cpc.farnell.com/vision/v24-20...rge/dp/AP02576
or
http://cpc.farnell.com/olan/ol20023/...ded/dp/EN81301

Bill

I agree with the 4 way in a good box, although the splitter is cheaper from Maplin.
Old August 31st 17, 05:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

wrote:
[...]

Screwfix do a Labgear external passive splitter (WBOS4F) for £8.59 and
Toolstation do a ProCeption equivalent (Bill likes these) for £8.49.
Both are masthead mounts but you can put them anywhere. Labgear also
do one that is much better protected LMSC104 but you may have to
Google to find a stockist. I've used several of the latter type in
dual split form and they work very well.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old September 1st 17, 09:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

On 31/08/2017 15:20, Richard Tobin wrote:
Can anyone recommend a 4-way splitter with a robust weatherproof case?
It's to replace a Labgear 4-way masthead amplifier which stopped
working and the case turned out to have broken. (I don't think I need
the amplification now.)

-- Richard

I have a new one you can have. PM me for details.

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old September 1st 17, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 31 August 2017 19:20:15 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well I suppose something must be cheaper at Maplin some day...
Brian

Not many days, but then RS / Farnell charge top prices.

Old September 1st 17, 10:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 01/09/2017 10:45, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Thursday, 31 August 2017 19:20:15 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well I suppose something must be cheaper at Maplin some day...
Brian

Not many days, but then RS / Farnell charge top prices.

RS do, but the CPC arm of Farnell is at the cheaper end of the market

--
Mark
Old September 1st 17, 01:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 01/09/2017 11:27, Mark Carver wrote:
On 01/09/2017 10:45, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Thursday, 31 August 2017 19:20:15 UTC+1, Brian Gaff¬* wrote:
Well I suppose something must be cheaper at Maplin some day...
¬* Brian

Not many days, but then RS / Farnell charge top prices.

RS do, but the CPC arm of Farnell is at the cheaper end of the market

Trade price is £3.80 + VAT