A Sky, cable and digital tv forum. Digital TV Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Digital TV Banter forum » Digital TV Newsgroups » uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (uk.tech.digital-tv) Discussion of all matters technical in origin related to the reception of digital television transmissions, be they via satellite, terrestrial or cable. Advertising is forbidden, with no exceptions.

SEVEN - ITV4



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 8th 17, 02:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default SEVEN - ITV4

According to The Sunday Times Culture's TV listings, the film 'Seven' is due
to be broadcast on ITV4 at 10 pm on Monday 9 October and at 11:20 pm on the
same channel (24) on 14 October.

Neither show up in the listings on my MythTV-Freeview-T2-compliant computer.
Anyone know why not?


--
Mageia 5.1 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.82-desktop-1.mga5
KDE version 4.14.5 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.

  #2  
Old October 8th 17, 02:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 371
Default SEVEN - ITV4

Pinnerite wrote:

According to The Sunday Times Culture's TV listings, the film 'Seven' is due
to be broadcast on ITV4 at 10 pm on Monday 9 October and at 11:20 pm on the
same channel (24) on 14 October.

Neither show up in the listings on my MythTV-Freeview-T2-compliant computer.
Anyone know why not?


Have they put it into the listings as 'se7en' ?

  #3  
Old October 8th 17, 02:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,187
Default SEVEN - ITV4

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
...
Pinnerite wrote:

According to The Sunday Times Culture's TV listings, the film 'Seven' is
due
to be broadcast on ITV4 at 10 pm on Monday 9 October and at 11:20 pm on
the
same channel (24) on 14 October.

Neither show up in the listings on my MythTV-Freeview-T2-compliant
computer.
Anyone know why not?


Have they put it into the listings as 'se7en' ?


That's how it shows up in Digiguide's listings, and on my NextPVR's EPG
(which uses over-the-air listings rather than a third-party source).

What *does* show up in Myth's listings for 22:00 on 9 Oct 17 on ITV4?

  #4  
Old October 8th 17, 02:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,187
Default SEVEN - ITV4

"Martin" wrote in message
...
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:24:45 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
...
Pinnerite wrote:

According to The Sunday Times Culture's TV listings, the film 'Seven'
is
due
to be broadcast on ITV4 at 10 pm on Monday 9 October and at 11:20 pm on
the
same channel (24) on 14 October.

Neither show up in the listings on my MythTV-Freeview-T2-compliant
computer.
Anyone know why not?

Have they put it into the listings as 'se7en' ?


That's how it shows up in Digiguide's listings, and on my NextPVR's EPG
(which uses over-the-air listings rather than a third-party source).

What *does* show up in Myth's listings for 22:00 on 9 Oct 17 on ITV4?


Online Radio Times shows this
Car Crash Global: Caught on Camera


It will be interesting to see what actually *does* get broadcast! Remember
if you are wanting Se7en, you may need to program two parts because there's
a short break showing roughly half way through, which usually needs to be
set as two separate programmes with the same title, with the end of one
being a few minutes before the start of the other.

  #5  
Old October 8th 17, 04:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,219
Default SEVEN - ITV4

On Sun, 08 Oct 2017 16:51:40 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:24:45 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
...
Pinnerite wrote:

According to The Sunday Times Culture's TV listings, the film 'Seven' is
due
to be broadcast on ITV4 at 10 pm on Monday 9 October and at 11:20 pm on
the
same channel (24) on 14 October.

Neither show up in the listings on my MythTV-Freeview-T2-compliant
computer.
Anyone know why not?

Have they put it into the listings as 'se7en' ?


That's how it shows up in Digiguide's listings, and on my NextPVR's EPG
(which uses over-the-air listings rather than a third-party source).

What *does* show up in Myth's listings for 22:00 on 9 Oct 17 on ITV4?


Online Radio Times shows this
Car Crash Global: Caught on Camera


The EPG on my TV has "Car Crash Global: Caught on Camera" at 21:00
followed by "Se7en" at 22:00. "Se7en" is in two parts with "FYI Daily"
between them from 23:00 - 23:05.

That is on Freeview in Northern Ireland. (The times are BST: GMT+1)

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
  #6  
Old October 8th 17, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,229
Default SEVEN - ITV4

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:56:46 +0100
"NY" wrote:

It will be interesting to see what actually *does* get broadcast!
Remember if you are wanting Se7en, you may need to program two parts
because there's a short break showing roughly half way through, which
usually needs to be set as two separate programmes with the same
title, with the end of one being a few minutes before the start of
the other.


I had wondered about those events, but when I programmed my Humax
recently to record one such split film, it knew that they were parts of
the same thing. In fact, it asked me if I wanted to record the whole
programme or all episodes, so something told it that it was a split.

--
Davey.
  #7  
Old October 8th 17, 05:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 661
Default SEVEN - ITV4

On 08/10/17 15:51, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:24:45 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
...
Pinnerite wrote:

According to The Sunday Times Culture's TV listings, the film 'Seven' is
due
to be broadcast on ITV4 at 10 pm on Monday 9 October and at 11:20 pm on
the
same channel (24) on 14 October.

Neither show up in the listings on my MythTV-Freeview-T2-compliant
computer.
Anyone know why not?

Have they put it into the listings as 'se7en' ?


That's how it shows up in Digiguide's listings, and on my NextPVR's EPG
(which uses over-the-air listings rather than a third-party source).

What *does* show up in Myth's listings for 22:00 on 9 Oct 17 on ITV4?


Online Radio Times shows this
Car Crash Global: Caught on Camera


My paper Radio Times shows Se7en at 10pm on Monday. My Panasonic TV
guide shows Se7en on ITV4 at the times stated by the OP on Monday and
Saturday.

--

Jeff
  #8  
Old October 9th 17, 06:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 781
Default SEVEN - ITV4

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 18:24:59 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 08/10/17 15:51, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:24:45 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
...
Pinnerite wrote:

According to The Sunday Times Culture's TV listings, the film 'Seven' is
due
to be broadcast on ITV4 at 10 pm on Monday 9 October and at 11:20 pm on
the
same channel (24) on 14 October.

Neither show up in the listings on my MythTV-Freeview-T2-compliant
computer.
Anyone know why not?

Have they put it into the listings as 'se7en' ?

That's how it shows up in Digiguide's listings, and on my NextPVR's EPG
(which uses over-the-air listings rather than a third-party source).

What *does* show up in Myth's listings for 22:00 on 9 Oct 17 on ITV4?


Online Radio Times shows this
Car Crash Global: Caught on Camera


My paper Radio Times shows Se7en at 10pm on Monday. My Panasonic TV
guide shows Se7en on ITV4 at the times stated by the OP on Monday and
Saturday.


I hope that it's correct on Freesat, as I have it to record.

Last night, on Ch. 5+1, the film that I had scheduled (Wild Card) didn't
start. It had been changed to another film that I'd already seen.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
whilst religions hold sway
  #9  
Old October 9th 17, 09:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default SEVEN - ITV4

Davey wrote:

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:56:46 +0100
"NY" wrote:

It will be interesting to see what actually *does* get broadcast!
Remember if you are wanting Se7en, you may need to program two parts
because there's a short break showing roughly half way through, which
usually needs to be set as two separate programmes with the same
title, with the end of one being a few minutes before the start of
the other.


I had wondered about those events, but when I programmed my Humax
recently to record one such split film, it knew that they were parts of
the same thing. In fact, it asked me if I wanted to record the whole
programme or all episodes, so something told it that it was a split.


To everyone that replied, thank you. MythTV does indeed list se7en and I
have set it to record tonight at 23:05.

It just shows how my mental capabilities have shrunk.

--
Mageia 5.1 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.82-desktop-1.mga5
KDE version 4.14.5 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.

  #10  
Old October 9th 17, 12:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,899
Default SEVEN - ITV4

On 09/10/2017 07:21, PeterC wrote:

Last night, on Ch. 5+1, the film that I had scheduled (Wild Card) didn't
start. It had been changed to another film that I'd already seen.


How did they know you'd already seen it?

Bill
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2017 Digital TV Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.