Way OT - F1 and Valtteri Bottas

Old October 30th 17, 05:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

Default Way OT - F1 and Valtteri Bottas

Well, I have been watching F1 on a digital TV :-)

There has been a load of excitement over the race for the F1 championship
(resolved in Mexico). Lewis Hamilton again.

Valtteri Bottas seems to have been completely ignored.

He is 15 points behind Sebastian Vettel with 2 races to go. He gained 8
points in the last race.

I just wonder why nobody seems to be thinking of the race for 2nd and 3rd.
Perhaps they will now 1st place is settled.

A Mercedes 1/2 with Bottas first and Hamilton second would give Bottas 10
points (assuming Vettel came 3rd) so with team orders it should be
possible for Mercedes to take the top 2 places in the drivers'
championship as well as the constructors.

Feeling a bit sorry for Valtteri at the moment.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old October 30th 17, 07:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

No, bound to be iOS - Apple have more spare money!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
How long before there are no drivers in the cars and they are all
driven by an android.

"David" wrote in message
[...]

software.

Old October 30th 17, 07:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"David" wrote in message
Well, I have been watching F1 on a digital TV :-)

There has been a load of excitement over the race for the F1 championship
(resolved in Mexico). Lewis Hamilton again.

What has annoyed me is the way that everyone is saying that Hammy "drove to
the championship" on Sunday

Um the two points that he gained didn't make the slightest difference to him
being champion

It was the 10 that Vettel lost that did that

tim

Old October 30th 17, 08:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"David" wrote in message
Well, I have been watching F1 on a digital TV :-)

There has been a load of excitement over the race for the F1
championship
(resolved in Mexico). Lewis Hamilton again.

What has annoyed me is the way that everyone is saying that Hammy
"drove to the championship" on Sunday

Um the two points that he gained didn't make the slightest
difference to him being champion

It was the 10 that Vettel lost that did that

Only six points. He needed to get 18 points for second so that the
difference was less than 50 points. Then if he won the last two races
and LH DNF'd both Vettel would be champion. If he had been third,
under those future circumstances they would have tied on points and LH
would have been champion as he had won more races.

Old October 30th 17, 09:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 30/10/2017 19:06, Brian Gaff wrote:
Alexa, what was that bang.
Brian

https://xkcd.com/1897/

For Brian: Title self-driving. CAPTCHA type text reads: To complete your
registration please tell us whether or not this image contains a stop sign.

Then an image of a road.

(in bold) NO YES

Answer quickly - our self-driving car is almost at the intersection

Andy
Old October 30th 17, 09:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Monday, 30 October 2017 18:59:58 UTC, Woody wrote:
No, bound to be iOS - Apple have more spare money!

--
Woody

The Apple driver robot would only drive an Apple car, it would want more money every month than Hamilton and like him to live in [tax free] Monaco.

It would refuse to work with its team mate, due proprietary interfaces.

There would be difficulties about it ignoring blue and yellow flags and needing a half pit stop every few laps for an update and a battery recharge...

Just when it was on the brink of winning the championship Apple would announce a new robot and slug the performance of the old one.
Old October 31st 17, 01:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:17:54 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
Well, I have been watching F1 on a digital TV :-)

There has been a load of excitement over the race for the F1 championship
(resolved in Mexico). Lewis Hamilton again.

What has annoyed me is the way that everyone is saying that Hammy "drove to
the championship" on Sunday

Um the two points that he gained didn't make the slightest difference to him
being champion

It was the 10 that Vettel lost that did that

Vettel didn't 'lose' any points.

Old October 31st 17, 02:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

wrote:

"David" wrote in message
Well, I have been watching F1 on a digital TV :-)

There has been a load of excitement over the race for the F1 championship
(resolved in Mexico). Lewis Hamilton again.

What has annoyed me is the way that everyone is saying that Hammy "drove to
the championship" on Sunday

Um the two points that he gained didn't make the slightest difference to him
being champion

It was the 10 that Vettel lost that did that

Vettel didn't 'lose' any points.

He lost points compared to the number of points that he would have won if he
had been first, second or third.

That's not losing points, that's just not gaining so many.