Problems with iPlayer/Handbrake/Humax

Old November 2nd 17, 01:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Problems with iPlayer/Handbrake/Humax

I am having trouble producing a subtitled version of a BBC programme,
which works on my Humax HDR Fox T2, with Customised Firmaware.

I download a file from the BBC, with subtitles, with get-iplayer. I then
have two files, one an .mp4, the other an .srt. Fine.

I then use Handbrake, the accepted programme to convert files, and it
produces a file .m4v. This should work when copied to the PVR.

But when I play this, there are no subtitles available. The remote's
Subtitle button just produces a "None" display, and the Options button
just gives me a crossed-out circle in the upper right corner.

My question is, what do I have to do get a working subtitled programme
on the Humax, using a get-iplayer downloaded file?

Thanks for help,

--
Davey.