2018 Q1 700 MHz Clearance details

Old November 24th 17, 01:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

Default 2018 Q1 700 MHz Clearance details

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operation...nts_in_q1_2018

Reigate becomes an SFN with Crystal P
Haslemere gains the three main COM muxes
Ridge Hill appears to be moving to Hertfordshire

--
Mark
Old November 24th 17, 02:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/11/2017 13:57, Mark Carver wrote:

Ridge Hill appears to be moving to Hertfordshire

There's a history of moving woods, but not hills as far as I know.

"Macbeth shall never vanquished be, until Great Birnam wood to high
Dunsinane hill Shall come against him."

Old November 24th 17, 03:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

And another thing. How on earth can I tell about the colour of the entry
unless I turn on attribute reading and if I do that I'll be here all year
reading it.
Normally to make this stuff accessible they use an asterisk next to the
altered item for goodness sake. Bloody ignorant bar stewards.

Old November 24th 17, 04:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
And another thing. How on earth can I tell about the colour of the entry
unless I turn on attribute reading and if I do that I'll be here all year
reading it.
Normally to make this stuff accessible they use an asterisk next to the
altered item for goodness sake. Bloody ignorant bar stewards.

Which transmitter are you on? I'll describe the changes for you.

Old November 24th 17, 04:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 24/11/2017 16:02, NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
And another thing. How on earth can I tell about the colour of the
entry unless I turn on attribute reading and if I do that I'll be here
all year reading it.
Normally to make this stuff accessible they use an asterisk next to
the altered item for goodness sake. Bloody ignorant bar stewards.

Which transmitter are you on? I'll describe the changes for you.

Brian is on Crystal Palace.

On March 21st 2018:-

COM 7 will move from UHF Ch 33 to Ch 55,
COM 8 will move to UHF Ch 35 to Ch 56
Local Mux (London Live) will move from Ch 29 to Ch 35 and increase from
20kW to 30kW

--
Mark
Old November 24th 17, 04:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Mark Carver wrote:

COM 7 will move from UHF Ch 33 to Ch 55,
COM 8 will move to UHF Ch 35 to Ch 56

I wonder how Group A aerials will cope with those?

Old November 24th 17, 04:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 24/11/2017 16:23, Andy Burns wrote:
Mark Carver wrote:

COM 7 will move from UHF Ch 33 to Ch 55,
COM 8 will move to UHF Ch 35 to Ch 56

I wonder how Group A aerials will cope with those?

It's going to be very interesting ! The first time any TV service
from CP has been transmitted outside of Band IV, and millions
of Group A aerials 'looking' at it.

The saving grace might be that COM 7 and 8 have tiny audiences

--
Mark
Old November 24th 17, 04:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
On 24/11/2017 13:57, Mark Carver wrote:

Ridge Hill appears to be moving to Hertfordshire

There's a history of moving woods, but not hills as far as I know.

"Macbeth shall never vanquished be, until Great Birnam wood to high
Dunsinane hill Shall come against him."

did you know there's a wonderful Beatix Potter museum in Birnham - yes,
it's real place.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old November 24th 17, 04:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 24/11/2017 14:46, Bill Wright wrote:
On 24/11/2017 13:57, Mark Carver wrote:

Ridge Hill appears to be moving to Hertfordshire

There's a history of moving woods, but not hills as far as I know.

*"Macbeth shall never vanquished be, until Great Birnam wood to high
Dunsinane hill Shall come against him."

"I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved
lightly."

Jeremiah 4:24

--
Robin