OT Is it me?

Old December 20th 17, 08:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default OT Is it me?

Afflicted by post-procedure pain I tire of the gradually brightening
ceiling and wearily put the telly on, at 7.50am, seeking diversion. BBC1
has a brown alpha-female (called 'nagger' apparently!) and a subservient
white male wimp. They introduce a silly but seemingly harmless item
about a dog that is pampered excessively. The dog's owners turn out to
be two homosexuals.
The next item is about a fishery owner who has banned Polish anglers.
Nothing is said about why he has felt the need to reduce his customer
base in this way, but there are many insinuations that he is simply racist.
I go to the bathroom. When I get back the telly is saying that the BBC
is going to reduce Christian programming and increase that of 'other
religions'. I wonder if this means Buddhists and Sikhs will get a look in.
It's time for the local news. The newsreader is attractive and has a
lovely smile, and is black. There's an interview with a gay man. The
story about the anti-Polish fishery man is featured, despite it being in
Oxfordshire and this programme being Look North from Leeds.
I turn the telly off and play some music. I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Old December 20th 17, 08:39 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob Eager[_5_]

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

Old December 20th 17, 09:06 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
alan_m

On 20/12/2017 08:35, Bill Wright wrote:
Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Don't they miss most of the world news? It's becoming more like 'drop
the dead donkey' every day.

I find it more disturbing that when watching the first minute of a news
program when they give the headlines and I think to myself it's another
day when they are going to report nothing of interest and the crap they
are reporting has been dumbed down to make it light entertainment.

There seem to be a lot or journalist to journalist interviews with a
spectacular lack of facts - just speculation.

Old December 20th 17, 09:06 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim GM4DHJ ...

On 12/20/2017 8:39 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

he was no angel...but he is now ......

--
Sometimes I pretend to be normal then I get bored and go back to being
me ...
Old December 20th 17, 09:07 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim GM4DHJ ...

radio has better pictures ......
Old December 20th 17, 09:16 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim Lamb[_2_]

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

Not sure I agree with Bill's analysis but I have criticised what I call
BBC socio engineering. Basically where they insert non news items into
the morning *wake up to get up* slot.

What on earth have choirs to do with anything other than programme
padding?

--
Tim Lamb
Old December 20th 17, 09:21 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 20/12/2017 08:35, Bill Wright wrote:
Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Don't they miss most of the world news? It's becoming more like 'drop
the dead donkey' every day.

I find it more disturbing that when watching the first minute of a news
program when they give the headlines and I think to myself it's another
day when they are going to report nothing of interest and the crap they
are reporting has been dumbed down to make it light entertainment.

There seem to be a lot or journalist to journalist interviews with a
spectacular lack of facts - just speculation.

lets go back to the 1920 when the announcer once said "`There is no news
today".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old December 20th 17, 09:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Facebook Snapchat etc, to be worried about the trivial stuff like work.

Old December 20th 17, 09:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Now half my message was eaten.
What I said was that there are apparently nobody or bodies out there even
thinking about the content, they just make it fit the slot and don't bother
about the bias or otherwise or obvious questions, just want to get back to
Twitter or facebook or snapchat. Work is just an unwelcome interruption.

news

Old December 20th 17, 09:43 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 09:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 12/20/2017 8:39 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

* I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

* http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

Late with the truth as usual. But at least they finally reported it.
There's hope yet.