Unprofessional stations

Old February 4th 18, 08:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Unprofessional stations

Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded continuity
are only as good as the person who checks them. So often the wrong
announcment goes out, such as a plug for a show including its time at the
end of the show itself, making it bleedin obvious its canned.

Grr.

Old February 4th 18, 09:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

On Sun, 04 Feb 2018 08:32:11 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded
continuity are only as good as the person who checks them. So often the
wrong announcment goes out, such as a plug for a show including its time
at the end of the show itself, making it bleedin obvious its canned.

Are you including "Dave" in this list of automated stations? Going by
my, thankfully infrequent, experiences of recording their "Zapped" mini-
series and their new Red Dwarf episodes (including repeats of older
episodes), I'd say that you aught to include "Dave" in your automated TV
stations list. Canned Continuity, wether it's wrong or not, gets
irritatingly "Old real fast".

--
Johnny B Good
Old February 5th 18, 03:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I'd include all of them at one time or another I think. UK tv seem to do
this a lot as does pick and even some ch 5 ones.

As for the total rubbish up the channel list well where do they get their
progrramming? Even when they have a novel fly on the wall idea they do it to
death in as many ways as possible without breaking the law. Bait car is a
case in point.

news

Old February 6th 18, 07:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 04/02/2018 08:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded continuity
are only as good as the person who checks them. So often the wrong
announcment goes out, such as a plug for a show including its time at the
end of the show itself, making it bleedin obvious its canned.

Live continuity is only really a British thing now, count yourself lucky
at least the main five TV channels here still have live continuity (for
the most part of the day/evening).

Few other channels home or abroad have it.
--
Mark
Old February 6th 18, 11:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 07:44:14 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:

Live continuity is only really a British thing now, count yourself lucky
at least the main five TV channels here still have live continuity (for
the most part of the day/evening).

It may be live but does it have to be so BLOODY LOUD! Recently it seems
BBC1 and ITV continuity announcements are about 6dB louder than the
surrounding programmes, making me dive for the mute button.

--
TOJ.
Old February 6th 18, 12:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 04/02/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded continuity
are only as good as the person who checks them. So often the wrong
announcment goes out, such as a plug for a show including its time at the
end of the show itself, making it bleedin obvious its canned.

Grr.
Brian

The radio stations are worse, and potentially could cause you real
problems. "It's 7 o/clock, here is the news". No it bogging well isn't
it's actually eight minutes past seven!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
Old February 6th 18, 01:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 06/02/2018 in message
Martin wrote:

wrote:

Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded continuity
are only as good as the person who checks them. So often the wrong
announcment goes out, such as a plug for a show including its time at the
end of the show itself, making it bleedin obvious its canned.

Grr.
Brian

The radio stations are worse, and potentially could cause you real
problems. "It's 7 o/clock, here is the news". No it bogging well isn't
it's actually eight minutes past seven!

By 09:00 they seem to be sync with their clock.

Perhaps that's when the humans arrive :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap
Old February 7th 18, 02:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On 6 Feb 2018 12:13:46 GMT, "Jeff Gaines" wrote:

On 04/02/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded continuity
are only as good as the person who checks them. So often the wrong
announcment goes out, such as a plug for a show including its time at the
end of the show itself, making it bleedin obvious its canned.

Grr.
Brian

The radio stations are worse, and potentially could cause you real
problems. "It's 7 o/clock, here is the news". No it bogging well isn't
it's actually eight minutes past seven!

By 09:00 they seem to be sync with their clock.

Piers Morgan often gives a time check in hours minutes and seconds,
which is a novelty these days. I have wondered if his clock is fast so
as to be roughly correct at the point of reception, but I am never
sufficiently awake to check.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old February 7th 18, 01:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 02:18:35 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

[...]

This morning on the TV show "Good Morning Britain" Piers Morgan was
ranting about some digital time displays that have just been installed
on each camera in that studio so that the presenters can see the time
without turning away from camera. The displays show hours, minutes and
seconds. He was complaining, in his typical style, that he couldn't read
them. We viewers were given a brief shot of one of the clocks. My
thought was "Piers, have you been to an optician recently?"

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)