Humax Question

Old February 11th 18, 09:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Eddie King[_2_]

Default Humax Question

Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able to
download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in order to
convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

Eddie
Old February 11th 18, 09:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:08:18 +0100, Eddie King wrote:

Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able to
download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in order to
convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

Eddie

AFAIK the HD recordings are copy-protected to play only on the original
device, but ICBW.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 11th 18, 11:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Eddie King" wrote in message
Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having refurbished
the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all programm data. The
recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able to
download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in order to
convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

do you mean,

can I hack a way of doing this if I open the box and take the disk out - no
idea

can I do it using a function supplied on the box - Nope

tim

Old February 11th 18, 01:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Eddie King wrote:

Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able
to download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in
order to convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

Eddie

My Humax HDR-Fox T2 works like this:

1. Recordings made on it are automatically encrypted when stored on its
internal HDD.
2. Copying them (SD ones, anyway) to a USB stick automatically decrypts
them as they are copied, so you can then do what you want editing.
The recordings on the HDD remain encrypted. This sounds like what you
want to do.
3. Using Customised Firmware, and talking to the HDR from my PC, I can
decrypt programmes on the HDD, copy them to my PC, and then delete
either the encrypted or the decrypted files from the HDD. Since
encrypted files can only be decrypted by the same motherboard that
recorded them, it is sensible to delete the encrypted files and leave
the decrypted. This means that the HDD could be read by a different
device at some other time. I don't know if the Customised Firmware is
available for the HDR1100S.

Hope this helps.

--
Davey.
Old February 11th 18, 03:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:08:18 +0100, Eddie King wrote:

Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able to
download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in order to
convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

Eddie

Have you checked the other thread about Foxsat HDR?

If it crashed yesterday evening then it may be blameless. The Freesat EPG
threw a major wobbler and didn't come back properly until this morning.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old February 11th 18, 08:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Eddie King[_2_]

Am 11.02.2018 um 10:08 schrieb Eddie King:
Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able to
download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in order to
convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat.

Thanks Guys,

it looks as if I'll have to hang on to my Toppy and keep it alive then.
Old February 12th 18, 09:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"David" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:08:18 +0100, Eddie King wrote:

Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able to
download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in order to
convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

Eddie

Have you checked the other thread about Foxsat HDR?

why

there is no similarity in the functionally of the two boxes

tim

Old February 12th 18, 11:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 09:25:30 +0000, tim... wrote:

"David" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:08:18 +0100, Eddie King wrote:

Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able
to download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in
order to convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

Eddie

Have you checked the other thread about Foxsat HDR?

why

there is no similarity in the functionally of the two boxes

tim

Ummm....because you said that you were using Freesat?

And the Freesat EPG went walkabout?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old February 12th 18, 11:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

"David" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:08:18 +0100, Eddie King wrote:

Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able
to download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in
order to convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

Eddie

Have you checked the other thread about Foxsat HDR?

why

there is no similarity in the functionally of the two boxes

tim

Ummm....because you said that you were using Freesat?

And the Freesat EPG went walkabout?

Sorry - because HE said HE was using Freesat.

---

Old February 12th 18, 01:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"David" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:08:18 +0100, Eddie King wrote:

Hi all,

my trusty Topfield seems to be on its way out. Despite having
refurbished the PSU a while back it crashed yesterday loosing all
programm data. The recordings on disk weren't affected.

Now my question, if I get a refurbished Humax HDR1100S will I be able
to download the recordings stored on HDD via USB to another PC in
order to convert to mpg/mp4?

I find this a very useful feature of the toppy.

I'm using FreeSat. Thanks for all your replies.

Eddie

Have you checked the other thread about Foxsat HDR?

why

there is no similarity in the functionally of the two boxes

tim

Ummm....because you said that you were using Freesat?

And the Freesat EPG went walkabout?

but not in the message I replied to he didn't

tim

Cheers

Dave R

---