A Sky, cable and digital tv forum. Digital TV Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Digital TV Banter forum » Digital TV Newsgroups » uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (uk.tech.digital-tv) Discussion of all matters technical in origin related to the reception of digital television transmissions, be they via satellite, terrestrial or cable. Advertising is forbidden, with no exceptions.

TOT: Adult material on the Internet



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 13th 18, 11:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob Latham
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 599
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on February 20, 2018.

In article ,
Roderick Stewart wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, adults should be free to follow their own
chosen occupations and speak their own thoughts in their own words,
and we should all learn to live with the fact that other people's
opinions may be different from our own.


+1

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I would
be very much against these things but if it is their free choice people
should just back off, live and let live.

It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous and
holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they want.

Bob.

  #2  
Old February 13th 18, 01:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,279
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

In article , Bob Latham
wrote:

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I would
be very much against these things but if it is their free choice people
should just back off, live and let live.


It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous
and holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they want.



Understood. The snag is how the 'consumer' of such material can *ensure*
that those involved are *genuinely* happy and willing to have produced the
material. Rather than faking being happy and willing because they have been
desperate, bullied, groomed, etc.

In the case of clearly under-age we can presume by default they were unable
to give informed consent. But when the participants are clearly 'of age'
what someone sees may not show the reasons they participated. Appearances
may mislead, paricularly where money was involved at some stage.

Jim

--
Please use the address on the audiomisc page if you wish to email me.
Electronics https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa...o/electron.htm
biog http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/history/ups_and_downs.html
Audio Misc http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/index.html

  #3  
Old February 13th 18, 02:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 145
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:16:33 +0000 (GMT) Bob Latham [email protected]
spam.invalid posted:

In article ,
Roderick Stewart wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, adults should be free to follow their own
chosen occupations and speak their own thoughts in their own words,
and we should all learn to live with the fact that other people's
opinions may be different from our own.


+1

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I would
be very much against these things but if it is their free choice people
should just back off, live and let live.

It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous and
holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they want.

Bob.


So it doesn't bother you that some people's free choices can affect
others?
  #4  
Old February 13th 18, 03:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob Latham
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 599
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on February 20, 2018.

In article ,
Yellow wrote:

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:16:33 +0000 (GMT) Bob Latham [email protected]
spam.invalid posted:

In article ,
Roderick Stewart wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, adults should be free to follow their own
chosen occupations and speak their own thoughts in their own words,
and we should all learn to live with the fact that other people's
opinions may be different from our own.


+1

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I
would be very much against these things but if it is their free choice
people should just back off, live and let live.

It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous
and holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they want.

Bob.


So it doesn't bother you that some people's free choices can affect
others?



Did I say that? Can't see it.

Bob.

  #5  
Old February 13th 18, 03:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,278
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:39:39 +0000 (GMT), Jim Lesurf
wrote:

In article , Bob Latham
wrote:

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I would
be very much against these things but if it is their free choice people
should just back off, live and let live.


It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous
and holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they want.



Understood. The snag is how the 'consumer' of such material can *ensure*
that those involved are *genuinely* happy and willing to have produced the
material. Rather than faking being happy and willing because they have been
desperate, bullied, groomed, etc.

In the case of clearly under-age we can presume by default they were unable
to give informed consent. But when the participants are clearly 'of age'
what someone sees may not show the reasons they participated. Appearances
may mislead, paricularly where money was involved at some stage.

Or may regret it in later life. I wonder how Tyger Drew-Honey feels
about his father's former career?
  #6  
Old February 13th 18, 07:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,226
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:39:39 +0000 (GMT), Jim Lesurf
wrote:

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I would
be very much against these things but if it is their free choice people
should just back off, live and let live.


It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous
and holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they want.



Understood. The snag is how the 'consumer' of such material can *ensure*
that those involved are *genuinely* happy and willing to have produced the
material. Rather than faking being happy and willing because they have been
desperate, bullied, groomed, etc.


Acceptance of payment for something is generally regarded as an
indication that a person is happy to do it. This isn't a perfect
system, but then what would be?

In the case of clearly under-age we can presume by default they were unable
to give informed consent. But when the participants are clearly 'of age'
what someone sees may not show the reasons they participated. Appearances
may mislead, paricularly where money was involved at some stage.


Indeed, which is why we have limits on what children are allowed to
do, and what decisions they are allowed to take by themselves. This
isn't perfect either, because it relies on an assumption that a person
acquires all the necessary wisdom to make adult decisions on attaining
a particular birthday, but if we didn't operate on this basis what
could we do instead?

In the real world, it seems "optimum" doesn't usually mean "best"; it
just means "least worst".

Rod.
  #7  
Old February 13th 18, 07:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,908
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

On 13/02/2018 13:39, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article , Bob Latham
wrote:

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I would
be very much against these things but if it is their free choice people
should just back off, live and let live.


It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous
and holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they want.


Understood. The snag is how the 'consumer' of such material can *ensure*
that those involved are *genuinely* happy and willing to have produced the
material. Rather than faking being happy and willing because they have been
desperate, bullied, groomed, etc.


That proviso could apply to virtually any service (or the making of
virtually any product for that matter). Oddly people only worry about
this sort of thing where *sex* is involved.

--
Max Demian
  #8  
Old February 13th 18, 08:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 145
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 15:00:49 +0000 (GMT) Bob Latham [email protected]
spam.invalid posted:

In article ,
Yellow wrote:

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:16:33 +0000 (GMT) Bob Latham [email protected]
spam.invalid posted:

In article ,
Roderick Stewart wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, adults should be free to follow their own
chosen occupations and speak their own thoughts in their own words,
and we should all learn to live with the fact that other people's
opinions may be different from our own.

+1

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I
would be very much against these things but if it is their free choice
people should just back off, live and let live.

It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous
and holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they want.

Bob.


So it doesn't bother you that some people's free choices can affect
others?



Did I say that? Can't see it.

Bob.


You do not understand what you wrote?

"if it is their free choice people should just back off, live and let
live."

So I ask again - doesn't bother you that some people's free choices can
affect others?
  #9  
Old February 13th 18, 09:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 478
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 19:37:33 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

On 13/02/2018 13:39, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article , Bob Latham
wrote:

Absolutely. If women had a metaphorical gun to their head's then I
would be very much against these things but if it is their free choice
people should just back off, live and let live.


It is particularly annoying when people start with the self righteous
and holier than thou arguments to stop someone else doing as they
want.


Understood. The snag is how the 'consumer' of such material can
*ensure* that those involved are *genuinely* happy and willing to have
produced the material. Rather than faking being happy and willing
because they have been desperate, bullied, groomed, etc.


That proviso could apply to virtually any service (or the making of
virtually any product for that matter). Oddly people only worry about
this sort of thing where *sex* is involved.


As opposed to where HP PC motherboards are manufactured?

--
Johnny B Good
  #10  
Old February 13th 18, 10:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 219
Default TOT: Adult material on the Internet

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 13:40:31 UTC, Jim Lesurf wrote:
The snag is how the 'consumer' of such material can *ensure*
that those involved are *genuinely* happy and willing to have produced the
material.


Perhaps someome could launch some "Fair Trade" certified DVDs.

Owain

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2018 Digital TV Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.