tap tap

Old January 25th 18, 06:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default tap tap

is this thing on.
I came across an old radio show the other day called the starlings. It
seemed to be mostly done by the Goons so is quite old and the one thing I
remember was that when anything went wrong the engineer with the golden
screwdriver was called to sort it out.
It seems to revolve around the doings of a fictitious council attempting to
rid the pest of the starlings pooping all over the residents. Not sure why
it came to mind today.

Old January 25th 18, 08:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 25/01/2018 07:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
is this thing on.
I came across an old radio show the other day called the starlings. It
seemed to be mostly done by the Goons so is quite old and the one thing I
remember was that when anything went wrong the engineer with the golden
screwdriver was called to sort it out.
It seems to revolve around the doings of a fictitious council attempting to
rid the pest of the starlings pooping all over the residents. Not sure why
it came to mind today.
Brian

It's 'not available' on iPlayer.

Old January 25th 18, 09:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

I searched for "The Starlings" on Wikipedia. I found one brief reference
in the article on the Goon Show:

"the fifth series [of The Goon Show] had 26 episodes plus one special -
The Starlings (1954–55)".

John Hall

In message , Brian Gaff
writes

Old January 25th 18, 01:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John[_2_]

On 25/01/2018 10:11, John Hall wrote:

"the fifth series [of The Goon Show] had 26 episodes plus one special -
The Starlings (1954–55)".

Actually the BBC's Goon Show Catalogue shows The Starlings as the
special to Series 4.

And when I hunt through what I have collected from Series 4, I find I
have that special if anyone wants to listen to it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/28fwtcvfyq...lings.mp3?dl=0

Old January 25th 18, 07:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYz5SHFHyA

Old January 25th 18, 08:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

No o I found it on an old hard drive, it seems to end with yet another call
for the golden screwdriver, not sure if its actually the true end or inf the
rest is in fact missing. It came from a private collector, along with a
program called The Army Show with Spike and a certain aussie bloke who is
know for being a womon.
it was the first outing of the dustbin song.

news