Problems today with muxes 7 and 8

Old January 25th 18, 04:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Problems today with muxes 7 and 8

Today the GI was increased from 1/128 to 1/16 on muxes 7 and 8. GI is
guard interval. It’s been increased today from 1/128 to 1/16 so they can
operate single frequency networks because of the shortage of channels
starting in March when we lose channels above 49. It appears that some
but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7 and there are also problems
with some Panasonics. Thanks Mark Carver for some of this info.

Old January 25th 18, 05:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Bill Wright wrote:

some but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7

but not com8?

and there are also problems with some Panasonics.

Samsung unfazed here.
Old January 25th 18, 05:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 25/01/2018 18:21, Andy Burns wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

some but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7

but not com8?

and there are also problems with some Panasonics.

Samsung unfazed here.

Reports coming in from our local newsgroup of the loss of BBC News HD etc.

Just spoke to Emley Moor shift leader. At first he was sceptical that
there was a problem. He says the GI change was overnight. He said Mux 7
is now DVB-T2-M1. I asked what M1 meant and he didn't know. Googling
finds it but it doesn't make sense to me in this context.

My three Sonys are all not working on EPG 107 through 110. My Samsung
and my Humax are working fine.

Old January 25th 18, 05:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 25/01/2018 17:53, Bill Wright wrote:
It appears that some but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7

You mean COM7? That's got BBC4HD on it. We'd miss that, and I have a
Sony. I'll have to check.

Andy
Old January 25th 18, 05:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 25/01/2018 18:27, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 25/01/2018 17:53, Bill Wright wrote:
It appears that some but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7

You mean COM7? That's got BBC4HD on it. We'd miss that, and I have a
Sony. I'll have to check.

Andy

Let's see what happens at 7pm!

Old January 25th 18, 05:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 25/01/2018 18:27, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 25/01/2018 17:53, Bill Wright wrote:
It appears that some but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7

You mean COM7? That's got BBC4HD on it.

Not anymore, BBC 4 HD moved to COM 8 a week ago.

--
Mark
Old January 25th 18, 05:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

Today the GI was increased from 1/128 to 1/16 on muxes 7 and 8. GI is
guard interval. Its been increased today from 1/128 to 1/16 so they can
operate single frequency networks because of the shortage of channels
starting in March when we lose channels above 49. It appears that some
but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7 and there are also problems
with some Panasonics. Thanks Mark Carver for some of this info.

Bill

Is it too much to ask for the manufacturers to produce equipment that
is complient to the published standards, instead of a subset of what's
alrady in use?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old January 25th 18, 05:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Bill Wright wrote:

some but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7

but not com8?

and there are also problems with some Panasonics.

Samsung unfazed here.

Reports coming in from our local newsgroup of the loss of BBC News HD etc.

Just spoke to Emley Moor shift leader. At first he was sceptical that
there was a problem. He says the GI change was overnight. He said Mux 7
is now DVB-T2-M1. I asked what M1 meant and he didn't know. Googling
finds it but it doesn't make sense to me in this context.

My three Sonys are all not working on EPG 107 through 110. My Samsung
and my Humax are working fine.

Looking at other forums, it seems COM 7 at Emley has a specific problem,
additional to the possible national problem of the new GI values for COM
7 and 8 causing 'blindness' for some receivers

--
Mark
Old January 25th 18, 06:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Graham." wrote in message
Today the GI was increased from 1/128 to 1/16 on muxes 7 and 8. GI
is
guard interval. It's been increased today from 1/128 to 1/16 so they
can
operate single frequency networks because of the shortage of
channels
starting in March when we lose channels above 49. It appears that
some
but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7 and there are also problems
with some Panasonics. Thanks Mark Carver for some of this info.

Bill

Is it too much to ask for the manufacturers to produce equipment
that
is complient to the published standards, instead of a subset of
what's
alrady in use?

--

Don't I remember something about Sony's having problems when another
component of DTTV changed some years ago? Can't for the life of me

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old January 25th 18, 07:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 25/01/2018 19:58, Woody wrote:

Don't I remember something about Sony's having problems when another
component of DTTV changed some years ago? Can't for the life of me
remember what parameter it was but ISTR there was talk of a software
update to cure it.

Audio glitches whenever the HD transmission dynamically changed from
1080-50i to 1080-25p (or back). To be fair a number of manufacturers
had similar problems with that switching.

--
Mark