Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

Old March 7th 18, 09:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

Cannot get any signal on CH31 afterr todays "retune". Happens on two
TVs from two separate aeriels. One a wideband, t'other a C/D.

Befor retune CH 31 received OK, (e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1
HD).

Anyone get anything on CH 31 from Winter Hill. (Before retune CH 31
received OK, e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1 HD).

--
brightside S9
Old March 7th 18, 10:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 07/03/2018 11:11, Bob Latham wrote:
Cannot get any signal on CH31 afterr todays "retune". Happens on two
TVs from two separate aeriels. One a wideband, t'other a C/D.

Befor retune CH 31 received OK, (e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1
HD).

Anyone get anything on CH 31 from Winter Hill. (Before retune CH 31
received OK, e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1 HD).

I may be wrong but I thought all transmitters that broadcast com7 and com8
now were using C56 and C56 as a national SFN. Certainly Sutton Coldfield
is.

The migration of all COM 7 and 8 transmissions to Ch 55/56 SFN is a
stepped process. It won't happen at some sites until 2020.

So far it's only Waltham, Oxford, Mendip, Sutton Coldfield and Winter
Hill (and not both muxes at some of those sites either)

Next up is Crystal Palace in a fortnight.

--
Mark
Old March 7th 18, 11:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Bob Latham wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought all transmitters that broadcast com7 and com8
now were using C56 and C56 as a national SFN. Certainly Sutton Coldfield
is.

At Waltham, COM5 and COM8 swapped places last month, so that COM8 is on
ch56, but COM7 is still on ch31, presumably it will swap places with
COM6 to ch57 at some point, but I think there are no further changes at
Waltham until 2020?

Old March 7th 18, 12:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 07/03/2018 12:55, Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Latham wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought all transmitters that broadcast com7 and
com8
now were using C56 and C56 as a national SFN. Certainly Sutton Coldfield
is.

At Waltham, COM5 and COM8 swapped places last month, so that COM8 is on
ch56, but COM7 is still on ch31, presumably it will swap places with
COM6 to ch57 at some point, but I think there are no further changes at
Waltham until 2020?

That's right, March 2020 when the remaining muxes move down band (and
COM 7 moves up band !)

--
Mark
Old March 7th 18, 03:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Brian Gaff wrote:

So is vintage tv hd then?

No but it's on a "so called" HD mux, i.e. DVB-T2

Old March 7th 18, 05:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 07/03/2018 16:12, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

So is vintage tv hd then?

No but it's on a "so called" HD mux, i.e. DVB-T2

It ought to be because the picture quality and lighting of some of the
1930s and 40s films was superb.

Old March 7th 18, 08:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

news
Brian Gaff wrote:

So is vintage tv hd then?

No but it's on a "so called" HD mux, i.e. DVB-T2

It ought to be because the picture quality and lighting of some of
the 1930s and 40s films was superb.

Too much Sherlock Holmes eh?
--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old March 20th 18, 11:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gregory[_2_]

On 07/03/2018 11:37, Mark Carver wrote:
The migration of all COM 7 and 8 transmissions to Ch 55/56 SFN is a
stepped process. It won't happen at some sites until 2020.

So far it's only Waltham, Oxford, Mendip, Sutton Coldfield and Winter
Hill (and not both muxes at some of those sites either)

Next up is Crystal Palace in a fortnight.

Oh ****. Unless they make them a lot stronger at the same time there's
no way I'll still be able to receive them.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).