Alexa TV Guide Skill

Old March 8th 18, 06:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Alexa TV Guide Skill

Has anyone managed to make this do anything sensible?
I seem to be able to get bbc 1 and occasionally what is on any channel now
or at a certain time, but ask it for a list for tonight it goes off and
tells you what it thinks are the best things on, not the complete list or
even a few from your favourites list. Most times it completely fouls up
saying stuff like there is no channel called itv tonight.
I have found many other list type skills that perform well, its about time
they updated their skill and got it to do what it says on the tin, so to
speak.

Old March 8th 18, 07:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 08/03/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Has anyone managed to make this do anything sensible?
I seem to be able to get bbc 1 and occasionally what is on any channel now
or at a certain time, but ask it for a list for tonight it goes off and
tells you what it thinks are the best things on, not the complete list or
even a few from your favourites list. Most times it completely fouls up
saying stuff like there is no channel called itv tonight.
I have found many other list type skills that perform well, its about time
they updated their skill and got it to do what it says on the tin, so to
speak.
Brian

Ha, ha, ha - does she laugh at you at random times?

I have an Echo show and a Logitech Elite plus hub on the way from Amazon
so will have some practical experience soon. Are you using Alexa in
conjunction with a remote or on its own?

I wonder what people with dogs called Alexa do now...

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
I take full responsibility for what happened - that is why the person that
Old March 8th 18, 10:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 08/03/2018 08:52, Jeff Gaines wrote:
[...]

I wonder how many people have christened their girls 'Alexa' ?.

Old March 8th 18, 11:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:47:38 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

[...]

You can change the wake-word to either "Amazon" or "Echo", which
doesn't seem like a very useful selection, but it might help. On the
other hand, your dog might be confused if you forget and ask it for a
weather forecast.

Or you can just unplug it and put it away (the Amazon gadget, not your
dog). The power supply makes quite a good phone charger.

Old March 8th 18, 03:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Billy Joels daughter is called Alexa.
However you can change it to.
Computer

Echo

and probably other things as well.

news

Old March 8th 18, 04:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 08/03/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Billy Joels daughter is called Alexa.
However you can change it to.
Computer

Echo

and probably other things as well.

Brian

Why would Billy Joel call his daughter "Computer" :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
Old March 8th 18, 05:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 08/03/2018 17:04, Jeff Gaines wrote:

Why would Billy Joel call his daughter "Computer" :-)

All daughters are calculating.

Old March 8th 18, 05:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 08/03/2018 in message Bill Wright wrote:

On 08/03/2018 17:04, Jeff Gaines wrote:

Why would Billy Joel call his daughter "Computer" :-)

All daughters are calculating.

Bill

"Dad, have you got any spare money?"....

Old March 8th 18, 06:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]

On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 18:26:14 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

All women are calculating.

There, corrected that for you Bill!

--
TOJ.