Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions Again? This Device Allows You ToWatch Anything For Free!

Old March 15th 18, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

Default Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions Again? This Device Allows You ToWatch Anything For Free!

http://getyourfox.com/cut-the-cord-w... AEgJQzfD_BwE

Comments on a postcard, please, to the Advertising Standards Authority
and/or TV Licensing.
Old March 15th 18, 09:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 15/03/2018 20:13, Java Jive wrote:
http://getyourfox.com/cut-the-cord-w... AEgJQzfD_BwE

Comments on a postcard, please, to the Advertising Standards Authority
and/or TV Licensing.

It's just advertising an indoor amplified aerial for terrestrial TV,
which may or may not work in your area. Nothing to be fussed about.

--
Max Demian
Old March 15th 18, 10:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On 15/03/2018 22:50, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/03/2018 20:13, Java Jive wrote:
http://getyourfox.com/cut-the-cord-w... AEgJQzfD_BwE

Comments on a postcard, please, to the Advertising Standards Authority
and/or TV Licensing.

It's just advertising an indoor amplified aerial for terrestrial TV,
which may or may not work in your area. Nothing to be fussed about.

I don't think I can agree - "Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions
Again" gives the impression that it can replace cable or subscription
TV, but it can not because a terrestrial receiver won't receive that
same selection of channels (and anyway you'd still need to pay the TV
Licence to use it). It seems clear to me that the catchphrase is
intended to convey a false impression, but we'll see what others think.
Old March 16th 18, 06:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 15/03/2018 23:51, Java Jive wrote:
On 15/03/2018 22:50, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/03/2018 20:13, Java Jive wrote:
http://getyourfox.com/cut-the-cord-w... AEgJQzfD_BwE

Comments on a postcard, please, to the Advertising Standards
Authority and/or TV Licensing.

It's just advertising an indoor amplified aerial for terrestrial TV,
which may or may not work in your area. Nothing to be fussed about.

I don't think I can agree¬* -¬* "Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions
Again" gives the impression that it can replace cable or subscription
TV, but it can not because a terrestrial receiver won't receive that
same selection of channels (and anyway you'd still need to pay the TV
Licence to use it).¬* It seems clear to me that the catchphrase is
intended to convey a false impression, but we'll see what others think.

It seems to me a US site, giving prices in dollars, with ads from US
vendors. So I am unclear what the ASA or TV licensing can do. I don't
think we have an internet firewall around the UK. And I expect the
FCO's diplomats (and 00 operatives) are busy elsewhere.

--
Robin
Old March 16th 18, 08:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Yes this has been going on for several months now.
Its obviously an Arfur Daley organisation who has managed to get hold of a
load of half useless junk and wants to get shot of them to make some dosh.

o.uk...

Old March 16th 18, 10:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 15/03/2018 23:51, Java Jive wrote:
On 15/03/2018 22:50, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/03/2018 20:13, Java Jive wrote:
http://getyourfox.com/cut-the-cord-w... AEgJQzfD_BwE

Comments on a postcard, please, to the Advertising Standards
Authority and/or TV Licensing.

It's just advertising an indoor amplified aerial for terrestrial TV,
which may or may not work in your area. Nothing to be fussed about.

I don't think I can agree¬* -¬* "Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions
Again" gives the impression that it can replace cable or subscription
TV, but it can not because a terrestrial receiver won't receive that
same selection of channels (and anyway you'd still need to pay the TV
Licence to use it).¬* It seems clear to me that the catchphrase is
intended to convey a false impression, but we'll see what others think.

That's just the headline to attract attention. Actually reading the ad
makes clear what they are offering.

--
Max Demian
Old March 16th 18, 02:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

I bought something like this for the radio, from a shop in Lisle Street 60
years ago for 3/9

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Yes this has been going on for several months now.
Its obviously an Arfur Daley organisation who has managed to get hold of a
load of half useless junk and wants to get shot of them to make some dosh.

o.uk...

Old March 16th 18, 02:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I'm sure. I think the Fuba indoor FM aerial for over 50 quid did in fact
work quite well despite looking like a norsemans helmet that an elephant had
sat on.

"Phi" wrote in message
news
I bought something like this for the radio, from a shop in Lisle Street 60
years ago for 3/9

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Yes this has been going on for several months now.
Its obviously an Arfur Daley organisation who has managed to get hold of
a load of half useless junk and wants to get shot of them to make some
dosh.

o.uk...

Old March 16th 18, 03:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On 16/03/2018 07:42, Robin wrote:

It seems to me a US site, giving prices in dollars, with ads from US
vendors.

Yes, but it's coming up as a very prominent ad on some sites I use here
in the UK, and, as I've said already, it seems calculated to mislead.

So I am unclear what the ASA or TV licensing can do. I don't
think we have an internet firewall around the UK.¬* And I expect the
FCO's diplomats (and 00 operatives) are busy elsewhere.

Well yes, that's why I posted it here rather than reporting it myself!
Perhaps I should've included a smiley!
Old March 16th 18, 04:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

I bought something like this for the radio, from a shop in Lisle Street 60
years ago for 3/9

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Yes this has been going on for several months now.
Its obviously an Arfur Daley organisation who has managed to get hold of a
load of half useless junk and wants to get shot of them to make some dosh.

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 15/03/2018 20:13, Java Jive wrote:
http://getyourfox.com/cut-the-cord-w... AEgJQzfD_BwE

Comments on a postcard, please, to the Advertising Standards Authority
and/or TV Licensing.

It's just advertising an indoor amplified aerial for terrestrial TV,
which may or may not work in your area. Nothing to be fussed about.

--
Max Demian

Was it a foot of wire connected to a capa^H^H^H^Hcondenser, or was it
an earth, the better ones came complete with the terracotta plant-pot.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%