No Sunday programmes in Freeview Play?

Old March 27th 18, 06:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default No Sunday programmes in Freeview Play?

I just tried looking at Sunday's programme schedule on my Panny TV using
Freeview Play, and found that Sunday is missing!

Anyone else see this with a Panny or other make?

--

Jeff
Old March 27th 18, 01:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 07:52:07 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

I just tried looking at Sunday's programme schedule on my Panny TV using
Freeview Play, and found that Sunday is missing!

Anyone else see this with a Panny or other make?

Sunday is April 1st, All Fools' Day.

Hmmm... I wonder!

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old March 27th 18, 02:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

wrote:

I just tried looking at Sunday's programme schedule on my Panny TV using
Freeview Play, and found that Sunday is missing!

Anyone else see this with a Panny or other make?

Sunday is April 1st, All Fools' Day.

Hmmm... I wonder!

LoL! But it was last Sunday - the 25th (and the previous Sunday) I was
referring to.

This all came about because I missed listening to a programme on Sunday
afternoon on Radio 3. Radio 3 doesn't appear in the iPlayer app on the
Panny's apps page, so I went to its FreeviewPlay guide, only to find
that Sunday was missing - it jumps from Saturday 24th to Monday 26th.
The programme is available on the BBC website, but I would have to
register to listen to it.

--

Jeff

Old March 27th 18, 02:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 27/03/2018 in message Jeff Layman wrote:

I just tried looking at Sunday's programme schedule on my Panny TV using
Freeview Play, and found that Sunday is missing!

Anyone else see this with a Panny or other make?

I think K┼Źnosuke Matsu****a was a very religious man who didn't feel
people should watch TV on Sundays.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
Old March 27th 18, 02:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Well, I've got a decent AV amp and speakers connected to the TV, and I
sometimes listen to live radio programmes through it. I thought I could
do the same with a programme only a couple of days old, but it appears
not. I have just come across this on an iPlayer help page at
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/radio/other/games_console_radio_iplayer

"Can I listen to BBC iPlayer Radio on my TV device?

Our BBC iPlayer Radio app isn't available on TVs any more. This is
because we've noticed that radio and TV content are accessed
differently, so they should be treated differently. "

It seems that only Radio 1 is partially available on iPlayer because it
has a video channel associated with it.

I just checked on FreeviewPlay again, and no radio programmes are
available on it. As it happens, last Sunday is still not showing for TV
or radio, but even though Saturday and Monday show, there are no radio
channels available to listen to, only TV channels to watch.

--

Jeff

Old March 27th 18, 06:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:04:37 +0100, Brian Gaff briang1
@blueyonder.co.uk posted:

Maybe its the end of the world but nobody has bothered to tell us?

That was last week.

Old March 28th 18, 08:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Hmm, well the BBC seem to have a logic that defies logic quite often, but
most programs are still ther on i player for web site users and even for
some third party apps, I suggest its something else that has resulted in
this and what they say is just an excuse.
brian

news

Old March 28th 18, 10:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 28/03/2018 09:41, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 19:35:24 +0100, Yellow wrote:

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:04:37 +0100, Brian Gaff briang1
@blueyonder.co.uk posted:

Maybe its the end of the world but nobody has bothered to tell us?

That was last week.

In the incredible world of the Daily Express the end of the world is a weekly
event, usually caused by an asteroid or the Third World War.

They'll be right one day.

--
Max Demian
Old March 28th 18, 06:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I wonder if he did the thing that is part of his name a lot.

I often wonder if modern companies have lost their way. I mean most of them
seem to not be actually involved in consumer gear, just putting out a design
brief then stuffing their names on it.

I think Konosuke Matsu****a was a very religious man who didn't feel