Hannington Mux Test

Old March 29th 18, 06:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

Default Hannington Mux Test

Look what I caught being tested at 2:30 this morning. Hannington's post
April 18th carriers alongside the existing carriers,

The large contiguous lump on the left is 39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47
(40,43,46, will be replacing 41,44,47 on April 18)

Then the Local Basingstoke mux on 51, then 55 and 56, lower level than
their present 32 and 34 positions, but still useable (Telly reported
100/100) They were 'blank carriers'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uvtpvl4rs...n29_3.jpg?dl=0

--
Mark
Old March 29th 18, 09:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 29/03/2018 07:43, Mark Carver wrote:

Look what I caught being tested at 2:30 this morning. Hannington's post
April 18th carriers alongside the existing carriers,

The large contiguous lump on the left is 39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47
(40,43,46, will be replacing 41,44,47 on April 18)

Then the Local Basingstoke mux on 51, then 55 and 56, lower level than
their present 32 and 34 positions, but still useable (Telly reported
100/100)* They were 'blank carriers'

How lucky that you happened to be awake and playing with an analyser!

Of course the screenshot says more about the signal path than the
transmission. What a ragged mess!

I'm interested to see that the analyser is displaying the analogue
vision frequency for ch 48 and one cursor. Does it not display two
cursors to mark the edges of the channel?

What is the number top right?

Old March 29th 18, 09:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Bill Wright wrote:

What is the number top right?

Goes with the number top left to show the limits of the scan are between
583.5 and 791.0 at a guess?
Old March 29th 18, 10:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 29/03/2018 10:18, Bill Wright wrote:
On 29/03/2018 07:43, Mark Carver wrote:

Look what I caught being tested at 2:30 this morning. Hannington's
post April 18th carriers alongside the existing carriers,

The large contiguous lump on the left is 39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47
(40,43,46, will be replacing 41,44,47 on April 18)

Then the Local Basingstoke mux on 51, then 55 and 56, lower level than
their present 32 and 34 positions, but still useable (Telly reported
100/100)* They were 'blank carriers'

How lucky that you happened to be awake and playing with an analyser!

I know ! Well, Mrs C was fast asleep, so I went looking elsewhere to be
entertained.

Of course the screenshot says more about the signal path than the
transmission. What a ragged mess!

It is isn't it ! That's straight from the aerial (via a MHA)

I'm interested to see that the analyser is displaying the analogue
vision frequency for ch 48 and one cursor. Does it not display two
cursors to mark the edges of the channel?

No, its cursors appear to be fixed on the legacy System I analogue
Vision carrier values.

What is the number top right?

583.5 MHz, the start freq for that scan

--