Oxford Local Mux.... Anyone got any information?

Old April 13th 18, 08:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen[_8_]

Default Oxford Local Mux.... Anyone got any information?

HI all,

I currently recieve the Local Oxford TV mux on UHF 29 in deepest Northampton

According to the DTG Postcode checker:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragec...gdis7ov2nn7d76

The one on UHF 29 is moving to UHF 22 and there appears to be a 2nd
Local Oxford TV mux appearing on UHF 46 on the 23rd May.

Is this the introduction of geographic interleaving due to interference
from other transmitters or is there additional channels lauching from
the Oxford TX?

Open source searching on the internet has not provided me with any answers

S.
Old April 14th 18, 01:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 13/04/2018 21:55, Stephen wrote:
HI all,

I currently recieve the Local Oxford TV mux on UHF 29 in deepest
Northampton

According to the DTG Postcode checker:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragec...gdis7ov2nn7d76

The one on UHF 29 is moving to UHF 22 and there appears to be a 2nd
Local Oxford TV mux appearing on UHF 46 on the 23rd May.

Is this the introduction of geographic interleaving due to interference
from other transmitters or is there additional channels lauching from
the Oxford TX?

Open source searching on the internet has not provided me with any answers

S.

On Mr Carver's behalf I must apologise for the tardiness of his
response. He is, I believe, currently preoccupied with other matters.

Old April 14th 18, 04:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 13/04/2018 21:55, Stephen wrote:
HI all,

I currently recieve the Local Oxford TV mux on UHF 29 in deepest
Northampton

According to the DTG Postcode checker:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragec...gdis7ov2nn7d76

The one on UHF 29 is moving to UHF 22 and there appears to be a 2nd
Local Oxford TV mux appearing on UHF 46 on the 23rd May.

Is this the introduction of geographic interleaving due to interference
from other transmitters or is there additional channels lauching from
the Oxford TX?

Like the extra L-Mux beam at Sutton Coldfield, (and the extra
transmission of the London local mux from Hemel Hempstead from April
18th) it's an extra beam of the Oxford L-Mux. As it's Ch 46, and
co-channel with COM 6 from Hannington from April 18th, it's unlikely
to be a northwards or southwards beam, so presumably another direction
where 29/22 has a a null ?

I wouldn't worry about it, it'll be the same old crap that is 'That's
insert name of your area'

--
Mark
Old April 14th 18, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen[_8_]

Well,

I had two potential sources of co-channel interference on UHF 29, that
being SDN from Waltham and Crystal Palace's London Mux.

Despite this, I managed to pick up Oxford Mux with some serious kit and
distributed it around my house.

CP's local mux has now moved and the S/N has not improved so I can only
assume SDN at Waltham may have contributed to a poorer S/N.

I also get Sutton Coldfield here too (along with Sandy Heath too) and SC
already uses UHF 46.

Where I live, Hannington is in line with the Oxford TX so I don't rate
my chances of getting Local OXford on UHF 46 much as Hannington wil be
using UHF 46.

However, CP does use UHF 22 for one of its COM muxes but I've never
had any CP channels come through my 4 TV aerials system So I am hopeful
I will be able to pick up Oxford Mux on UHF 22 come 23rd May.

Stephen.

Old April 15th 18, 12:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 14/04/2018 20:13, Stephen wrote:
Well,

I had two potential sources of co-channel interference on UHF 29, that
being SDN from Waltham and Crystal Palace's London Mux.

Despite this, I managed to pick up Oxford Mux with some serious kit and
distributed it around my house.

Sounds like a gross misuse of technology to me.

Old April 15th 18, 12:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 14/04/2018 20:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
My god what a mess. It was oh so easy in the vhf days.
Brian

No it wasn't Brian! Take your rose-tinted glasses off and put the dark
ones back on!

We had horrendous 'continental interference', impulse interference from
trams, motor bikes, lawn mowers and every other damn thing that had
spark plugs, which just about everything. We had diathermy patterning if
you were within a mile of a large hospital, aeroplane flutter, and
ghosting -- oh the ghosting!